Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
flashbacks
dustnbones99 posted:
I always thought i remembered everything that was done to me as kid but i'm starting to doubt this. I'm suddenly having vivid, intense flashbacks about things that are not part of my old memories. They can come at any time but most seem to be at night. I have a really hard time falling asleep, usually can't until 5 or 6 in the morning, and i've been having a hard time getting up for work. I'm having nightmares too. I don't understand why this is happening. I can't think of anything that might be triggering it and i'm very worried.

marysings responded:
I have been having the return of body memories without being triggered. Dr.B told me I am probably going to have another memory pop up. I told him NO, no more memories. He smiled and said if he could wish away all abuse memories he would do that but it just isn't possible.

The same could be happening to you. Be sure to talk to your therapist about it.

Hugs,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 25 and I'm married with 2 young children. Growing up was very very hard. A very important man in my life hurt me in many ways. I almost di...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.