Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I've been really struggling lately
marysings posted:
I can't get rid of this feeling of being "less than". I am supposed to do the store bookwork and it's beginning to be a real effort. I finally balanced the past months bank statements to within 9 cents. Now June is off $1400+. I am a failure. I try so hard to be accurate. Balancing the checkbook used to be so easy for me. Now it's a HUGE struggle.

I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

ffltat responded:
Hello Mary,

I have been around the MD boards for a couple of years now. I do not write a lot but I read. I have seen many of your heartfelt, caring and insightful posts. You are not a failure. You are NOT less then.

You are amazing. Please always remember that. I know it is hard when things get so dark. When the pain is all that you can think about.

But I know you are an amazing person.

marysings replied to ffltat's response:
Thank you, ffltat. I certainly don't feel amazing but thank you for the compliment.

I was beginning to think I was all alone on this board. I guess there are many of us on vacation. I'm glad you posted.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

ffltat replied to marysings's response:
I know that it is hard. But you are not alone.

I also deal with flashbacks. Hate them. Just when you think they are gone, they start up again. It can really ruin your day.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to ffltat's response:
Mary, just wanted to say that I'm thinking about you. I understand that things that used to be so easy for us now come with so much effort... been there, still doing that.

(((Mary)))

melisfit responded:
Mary,
you are not a failure and not "less than". You're a kind, caring person that's just going through a tough time right now. Please don't forget that.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.