Skip to content
Your 2012 Goals
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
We've passed the halfway point of 2012 so from the perspective of reflecting, I'm now wondering…

What are/were your goals for this year and how are you progressing in meeting them? Have you added new ones since the beginning of the year?

What are your dreams and how are you working towards them?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

writejessss responded:
I usually have a laundry list of things I want to accomplish as I begin a new year- you know, the kind that doesn't make it past the first couple of this week. This year is a little different.

My life, for a long time, has felt totally out of control. Way too much going on- working full-time, grad school full-time, family demands, health problems, etc. Everyone wanting so much- too much. The expectations and guilt trips. The huricane of emotions, flashbacks, nightmares, medication side-effects, tears, anger, and exhaustion of this healing journey. It is never ending. It feels like my life is ruling me rather than me ruling it. I've had enough! It is time to put life in order.

So, my new year resolution this time was- putting my life in order in all its aspects- work hours, school hours, physical environment, health, finances, family expectations. I'm not expecting to solve all of these issues, but I am going to make a hug dent in things.

My focus the last several weeks has been to put things in my physical environment in order. The house has become the family repository of all things junk. No more! I've got everyone in the house on board. We have been sorting and purging the junk- and organizing the stuff that will stay. I've made trip after trip to local charities, recyling center, and trash yard with car loads full of stuff, It is amazing how much calmer I'm feeling inside and how much more energy and motivation to keep the process going.

I have a long way to go to have my "life in order," but I'm getting there and it feels great!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to writejessss's response:
LOVE your goals for the year and how much headway you're making, Jess!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I have no idea how to use a site like this but hopefully I'll catch on quick. lyI am looking for support from other adults dealing with being ...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.