Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
anxious
melisfit posted:
Our therapist has been making our homework assignments increasingly more risque. And the more risque the assignment the harder it is for Nathan to stop when I want to. We had agreed that I'd try to be ready by the time we go on vacation next month, but now he keeps saying that we really don't need to wait until then and that I'll enjoy our vacation so much more if I'm not all worried about the sex stuff. I know he has a point and I do realize just how patient he's been, but the more he pushes me the more frightened I become. I don't want to feel afraid of him, but he's starting to scare me. It's such a struggle for him to stop when I say so now, I'm becoming afraid that one time he won't be able to stop.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
This is something you need to discuss with your therapist in your next session, Melisfit.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

lovely_lemon_tree replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Mellie, let me tell you something: as women, we're brought up to believe certain things. One of the things we're brought up to believe is that men have "needs." They may, I am not a man so I can't say that, but I can say this:

ANY MAN WILL BE ABLE TO STOP AT ANY POINT YOU SAY SO.

It's not that they "can't" -- it's that they won't. If you say "stop" at any point, they are responsible for doing so. We are responsible for our own actions, even our sexual ones -- especially our sexual ones -- and I think that if Nathan is the man I think he is, he will stop. For you, for him, for the marriage. Because he cares. Never believe that they "can't stop." Never. Never.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 38 years old mother with three kids who are basicily teens 11 and 15 years of age. I grew up knowing that I was not the right sex i.e. dad wan...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.