Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Say You Have $20.00 to Spend
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
...on something sweet and/or fun for each member here and also on yourself. You cannot spend on others unless you also spend on yourself.

What would you get everyone here? What would you get for yourself? Would it be the same thing?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

healingmychild responded:
I would get everyone the book The Courage to Heal by Ellen Bass & Laura Davis. This book was my first book to read when I realize I had been sexually abuse as a child. It educated me in so many ways. It gave me the courage eventually to speak about my abuse and to confront the abusers. It has help me be stronger also with the help of conselors and therapist. This book save me and made me believe that I am a survivor not a victim anymore. ~Healing
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to healingmychild's response:
That book really helped me too, Healing. Nice that you'd give it to everyone here.

So now you've taken care of everyone else; what would you give to yourself?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 25 yr old male who is a csa survivor. My abuse wasn't violent like many others here, but it has letf it's mark on me nonetheless. After...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.