Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
facing the truth
marysings posted:
For the past 9 years I have struggled to write this. I don't want all those things in my life anymore. Dr.B has encouraged me to "call a spade a spade". I have not been able to say these words and then place myself back to those times. I want to 'smooth' it over, candy-coat it, and not attach myself into those names.

abused
incest
raped
beat
belittled

Ok, Now I am little bit uncomfortable. I don't expect any answers to this post.
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

slik_kitty responded:
in order to get past something we must first face it. once you own it, then you can deal with it and put it behind you. it's a part of the healing process. you have come so far, you can get past this part of it too. hugs

healingmychild responded:
As I have been in my journey of healing.I notice that it was very difficult to express with words even to get them out of and to hear your own voice say it. But as time goes and the healing is progressing you REALLY BELIEVE this words. and you aren't ashame or embarrase to say them.I truely belive it for myself. Its something that you gain with time because you are healing those wounds day by day.
~Healing
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a senior citizen who has carried a family secret for over 60 years. I have a genetic disorder diverticulosis.Treatment began in 2003. The bowel p...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.