Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just a question
az330 posted:
I have a question? With the seasons changing do you moods change too? I find myself becoming more moody. I am trying to really get myself out there and not be so anti social. It still is really hard to trust. Will it always be this way?

AZ

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
Google seasonal affect disorder (SAD) most sites on the topic have got some good tips on combating the winter blahs.

Taking a vitamin D supplement will help too...you get less during the winter.

I have SAD and yup it's not much fun. Combat it with going outside and exposing your arms to sunlight everyday if possible.(under side of your forearms).

I find during the winter I tend to look down 99% of the time. I have to remember to look up, look in peoples eyes (including my own in the mirror). That simple thing really helps to keep you from isolating. Even if its simply locking eyes with a clerk or someone walking on the side walk and smiling at them.

Once you have that down try a simple "hello" or "morning", that helps to connect you verbally with the world around you.

No it won't always be this way. Learning to trust is difficult for survivors, but do able. I wouldn't rush into trusting. It will come when you feel safe within. When you get to a place of peace in your head then you will find learning to trust much easier.

Peace be the journey
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

Jade2012 responded:
I find that when I'm really moody and irritable, taking a walk almost always snaps me out of it. I also find my moodiness lifts when I listen to my favorite music:)
In helping others we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us. - Flora Edwards

az330 responded:
Thanks for the advice. My depression has been affecting everything in my life. I just cant shake it. Meds don't seem to help.
I really cant look anyone in the eye. I try to just be a little social but I have alot of anxiety being in large crowds. I think yes I hate when the season changes because my moods change drastically and i hate it.
Thank you guys for being so kind. I thought no one would answer and think my question was stupid. I just dont feel worthy.

AZ

Jade2012 replied to az330's response:
AZ, you are worthy! Each and every one of us is worthy. As a former health educator, there is no such thing as a stupid question.
Maybe you could take a look at your meds and talk with the dr about them being ineffective - perhaps, you need to try a different type - one with a different mechanism of action that may be effective for you. ?? I'm not a huge proponent of medication in every situation but, often times they are absolutely necessary in order to be able to move on to the next steps in taking care of yourself.
Take care AZ
~Jade
In helping others we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us. - Flora Edwards

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 38 years old mother with three kids who are basicily teens 11 and 15 years of age. I grew up knowing that I was not the right sex i.e. dad wan...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.