Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Suicide awareness
healingmychild posted:
Today Im wearing yellow to support for awareness of suicide.For those who one time thought of ending there lifes, For those tried or succeeded in committing suicide. In this year I have know people that committed suicide. So this morning I did a prayer to those that are no longer here with us. To those contemplating and those suffering. I feel there should be more awareness for this because its a mental illness that affects so many people of any age. This is like the sexual abuse many people dont talk about it and are ashame. I think that depression, abuse and suicide is a reason why lots of people get in that state of mind.When someone suffers from abuse and never tells anyone people don't find any other solution then to take there lifes. I say it for my experience. Im a survivor to this and failed to end my life. That moment it was my rock bottom and my life changing. I thank God for being there for me and I know he was watching me. That experience took me to go and get help for me and to finally put words to what I had experince. The sexual abuse and the Incest. I gave a voice to that little girl that had been living in silence for many years.Since then I have never attempt again. When I feel alone or desperate I look for help. I have a hot line and I try to talk with my counselor or psychiatist. Or try to get support from my family.Since then I see my psychiatist in a regular bases. My meds have been stabblize my moods and my depression. I take life one day at a time. And have educate myself of my mental illness and have been doing therapy for the abuse. All that has save my life. I want to live and be happy with my family. So its important to speak out to you all here about this Suicide awareness and try to help anyone out there that feels alone. You are not alone and always find help because there is some out there. Hope is what I hold on everyday.
Thank you
~Healing
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

dustnbones99 responded:
Thank you. What you say is very true. I'm feeling suicidal right now although i will not act on those feelings. I know it's said that it is a permanent solution to a temporary problem but that isn't always the case. I always feel depressed and on some level i'm always thinking about it. I have been afraid, and in pain, since i was a baby and i know it will never get any better in this life.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Beautifully expressed, Healing.

My heart aches for all who suffer to such an extent and I hope that others here will be inspired by your post to get the help they need and deserve. All of us need support and it's okay to reach out for here.

Dear DustnBones... (((hugs))) You really can't/don't know that it will never get better though I understand why you are judging your future from your present and past.

With your sister coming to town next week, lean on her and let her start getting appointments set up for you to pursue therapy. I know that when you're down in the depths and have so many health issues besides, the energy it takes just to wrap your mind around seeking help all seems too much. So let her help.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

tnmist responded:
Those thoughts are never far from me, although the attempts are now in my distant past. I realized just last week through more flashback type of stuff that those dark thoughts started much younger than I realized, and no wonder they are hard to shake because I feel they are ingrained in me, sort of like a bad habit.

For the average person, I think suicide is a last resort, but for me that solution is always nearly the first thing I consider. After all these years, I still fight those thoughts at times.

The emotional pain has been intense the last few days, and sometimes I wish I had succeeded way back when. I have 2 wonderful friends who have been so patient with me and continue to support me. I've been struggling so much lately that my therapist upped the sessions to twice a week temporarily.

I am finally letting myself believe what the flashbacks are telling me - what my inner child is telling me. But this truth sinks me deeper into depression, too.

healingmychild replied to dustnbones99's response:
Hello dustnbones99 there is times when you don't see any change to life but I tell you this if you try to HOLD ON HOPE something will start changing.All the feeling are so real and you sometimes need to feel them and release them. But try to get some help if you havent yet. It will make a BIG difference if you have somebody there helping either counselor, therapist, psychiatrist anybody that can help with this issues. You can not fight this alone. Help is out there ask. Trust me I was very isolated for many years not speaking out or talking to anybody about my depression. But I got tired of being so depressed and hurting so much. I still struggle with depression and anxiety but the magnitute is not like it use to be years ago. As you learn your feeling and where they come from and confront your fears you start lifting from that deep hole. Have faith have HOPE more than anything. I understand you all of us here know that feeling to well. Hang in there even when the waves are to rough you are stronger than what you think.Believe me.((Hug))
~Healing
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

Spotlight: Member Stories

When I was 4 or 5 my family lived in Turkey. My father was in the Air Force and stationed there. I remember a neighbor boy. He was about 12. He would ...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.