Skip to content
Self Improvement Month
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
September is Self Improvement Month!

What steps do you take to improve your own day-to-day life, whether it has to do with your journey regarding healing from sexual abuse or otherwise?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

marysings responded:
Under the care of a doctor, I am on a weight loss program with the help of a weight loss med. This first month I have lost 7 pounds. She was so nice about that and then said she hoped I lose more this month. Me too!
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to marysings's response:
I hope it really works out for you, Mary.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

tnmist responded:
I have a lot of areas in my life that need improvement, with weight being one of them, so, first of all, kudos to Mary for taking care of herself.

As for me, I'm just in survival mode, but I am trying to at least get more sleep and better sleep. Sometimes my days and nights get all topsy-turvy, and throw in the perpetual crisis I seem to be in, and that makes for one sleep-deprived person here, which just means my coping skills are even more strained.

That, and trying to drink lots more water.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to tnmist's response:
Hey there, TNmist, taking steps to ensure you get better sleep and enough water are great!

Keep at it. I hope it makes coping at least a wee bit easier.

tnmist replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you, Caprice. This week has not been a good example of those steps...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was sexually abused by my older brother and my older cousin from age 8-18. I repressed these memories for many years. When I was in my mid 30's ...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.