Skip to content
Very young
tnmist posted:
The more I remember, the younger and more vulnerable I feel. My grief overwhelms me. When I think I can't possibly cry anymore, something else comes along and starts me all over again, like another memory or even just the touch from a friend meant to be comforting but becomes a trigger instead.

I don't think I can talk anymore right now...

Just want to say thank you to anyone who reads this. It looks like a nice community here.

Peace and safety to each of you.

Later,
Misty

melisfit responded:
Misty,
There is always someone here to listen. So please talk when you're ready. mellie

marysings responded:
Misty, welcome to the SA Community. Some hang around after they have completed their therapy...it's wonderful to get positive posts. In short, everyone who posts here have been abused in one way or other.

I had another abuse situation "come forth" and the past two days I have spent a lot of time crying about the memory. There is nothing wrong with any one of us who express our pain. I mean, we were abused - many by a parent/grandparent, someone who were supposed to protect us.

Welcome from Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

healingmychild responded:
Hi TNmist I understand how you feel. Be patient with yourself. I hope you are getting some kind of support with therapy it makes it a bit easier. Knowing you can talk with someone if you get in a crisis. Also a hotline is good. I have used all for support when I couldn't deal with it alone. Your time will come when its time to talk about it. You will know when its the right time and you feel comftable. Its a process and know that you will know when to go to the next step. Hang in there and its ok to have all this feelings . We know all to well how it feels.
Take care
~Healing
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

tnmist responded:
Thank you, everyone.
@ Healing: Yes, I have an excellent therapist. I posted my story, such as it is, what I felt I could share. I've either been angry or crying or both, and I'm just really, really tired. Every day I can make it through work is a miracle. No joke.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was SA by a friend of my father's when I was 8. He watched us for a little while one day when my father went to get parts to fix a car. The craz...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.