Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
General question re smiley, etc.
tnmist posted:
Um, can someone direct me to the instructions on adding smiley faces of various kinds? Also, how do you insert the word "trigger" in brackets in red? Thanks in advance!!

slik_kitty responded:
the trigger in red brackets is placed there by webmd.

to insert a smilie you need to copy the url for the pic. right click on the pic and select copy image location. then click on the little camera at the top of the typing window and paste the url there. then click ok.

tnmist replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thank you, Kitty!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to tnmist's response:
Or you can do simple ones with your keyboard. Examples below, you type these characters withOUT the spaces in between to create a smiley:

: - ) makes
; - ) makes
: - D makes
: - ( makes
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

tnmist replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Oh, I didn't realize those made the conversion on this site. That's cool. Thank you.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to tnmist's response:
You're welcome!

The one's Kitty mentioned can be way more fun, but these can be quicker as you're rushing through.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.