Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Doing better this week
tnmist posted:
Hi, everyone. I just wanted to post something when I'm not in a crisis or semi-crisis, ha. This has been a smoother week for me except sleep still eludes me a lot of times. I haven't had any flashbacks, and I am taking a break from counseling for a couple of weeks just to step back for a bit. I was advised not to go back to denial, but a breather is fine.

A couple of friends just treated me to lunch as a late celebration for my name change, and that was nice. I have Fridays off, and I'm not doing a whole lot today but getting a few fun things done, and I'm okay with that, too.

Hope everyone has a safe and peaceful weekend. These respites can be brief, so I'm indulging a little while it lasts.

-Misty

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Misty,

This is wonderful to hear! I hope your weekend was equally peaceful.

And I hope that you can hold on to this idea... that it CAN ease, that your day-to-day life won't always be inundated with the abuse issues, that you can still enjoy yourself and connect with others. And if you can that this time, it means you can get there again in the future too.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

tnmist replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hmm,hadn't thought of it like that. That's a very good point. I will try to hang onto that thought because another round has already started.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to tnmist's response:
I know how that can go. (((hugs)))

Suggestion: You might want to print out your post above and keep it nearby... on your fridge or next to your bed, somewhere where you will see it regularly. A positive reminder to yourself that this is possible could help you through the darker days.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

tnmist replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Appreciate hugs and suggestion. What a difference a day makes. Bit of a meltdown today. Sigh.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was sexually abused by my older brother and my older cousin from age 8-18. I repressed these memories for many years. When I was in my mid 30's ...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.