Skip to content
To Caprice and to anyone re Winnie the Pooh and lions, too
tnmist posted:
I must confess that I immediately liked you when I saw a quote from the Winnie the Pooh character Christopher Robin. I LOVE Winnie the Pooh. I have a book of quotes/advice by Winnie the Pooh, one of those little coffee table "life instruction" books, I think. If I find a quote I like, I hope you don't mind if I also use it. I haven't made up my mind yet what I would like to put in a signature line.

By the way, I wasn't sure what to do for a picture (without copyright infringements), and the lion is part of a large latch hook project I finally began of a male lion's head. I'm not fond of yellows, per se, but it just seemed so majestic that I just decided to try to tackle it. I hope to make it a wall hanging someday. I'm not feeling as brave or serene as the lion depicts, but perhaps it is an aspiration.

-Misty

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Misty,

Pooh really is one of the wisest souls, isn't he? Use whatever quote you want, even the same one if it resonates with you. They're not mine and the more Pooh wisdom that's out there, the better I think.

A facebook friend put this one up this weekend: "If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear." ~Winne the Pooh

And I love your profile pic and the story behind it. You're WAY more talented and patient than I am! Thank you for sharing it.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

tnmist replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Ok, thanks.
Aww, yes, that's a good one!
Oh,I'm not a "crafty-type" person by any stretch of the imagination, and I haven't done latch hook in many years, but latch hook is fairly simple to do, unlike needlepoint, which takes talent, in my opinion. I don't generally have the patience for any of that stuff, but as I get older I am finding more patience.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to tnmist's response:
Hmmm.... I may have to look into that one day. Decades ago I used to hook picture rugs - is this the same? I had to stop that because of the wool but I'm guessing they now use synthetic.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

tnmist replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
It sounds like the same thing. I always call them "hook rugs," but the box says latch hook...Go for it (if you are not allergic)!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to tnmist's response:
Thanks Misty!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I have no idea how to use a site like this but hopefully I'll catch on quick. lyI am looking for support from other adults dealing with being ...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.