Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
3 x's
wallflower posted:
I was 6 years old when it first happened, 10 years old when it happened again and 16 when I was raped.
3 different offenders
I am an adult and have never talked about it... the silence is eating me up from the inside

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear one. My history is similar though my adult rape took place only a few years ago.

I'm glad you started talking here. Bringing these things out into the light within a safe environment can begin the process of freeing you from all the darkness and pain. (((hugs)))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
welcome to the board, glad you found us, though so sorry you have need to be here.

Finding your voice and starting to talk about the abuse is like a key in a door. Once you turn it, the door peeks open and healing rushes in.

You are breaking that silence that has enslaved you all these years. Think of it this way, you have been keeping their secrets all these years, a burden you should never have been saddled with.

You will find your strength returning now that you have made the choice to get on the healing path. Even speaking out here is a step.

Don't stop now, keep talking. Talk here, talk to other professionals, other survivors etc.

Take back your power.

Peace be the journey

Paja
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

wallflower replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
in process of finding a therapist not having any luck they don't return phone calls ... must be a pretty messed up world out there to be sooo busy

tnmist replied to wallflower's response:
I'm sorry you are having a hard time getting started with a therapist. It's frustrating waiting to hear how soon you can get an appointment with someone, especially after making the huge decision to work through these painful parts of your life. I hope you are able to start with someone soon.

I'm fairly new to this community, and I hope you find this group as supportive and encouraging as I have.

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

Unfortunately, my story is similar to many others in this community. I was sexually abused by my older brother when I was 7 and he was 12. I have been...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.