Skip to content
What Are Your Plans for Thanksgiving?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
I know that family holidays can sometimes be triggering.

What are your plans? If this is a difficult holiday or time for you, how will you take care of yourself?

What's your favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal?

And what are you thankful for this year?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

tnmist responded:
Many things to be thankful for despite why I'm a member here.

I used to enjoy getting together with friends and family. As for the meal itself, anything homemade by my mother, usually the rolls.

This year I have half a day off (I'm working in the evening), and I turned down 2 invitations to join friends because I just want some "down" time and hopefully some time to take care of a few things around the house. I do plan on a couple of special dishes but a simple meal, and I will probably play Jazz music from Peanuts, of all things. Hoping to have the energy to make my own homemade rolls to share with my neighbor.

Just keeping it quiet this year.

Hope everyone has a peaceful Thanksgiving.

-Misty

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to tnmist's response:
Quiet holidays can be pretty nice. It sounds like you're doing some things to take care of you, Misty.

Hey, I listen to Peanuts jazz around the holidays too!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

tnmist replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
You do? Cool.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to tnmist's response:
Yup, definitely. The only time I like a jazzy sound.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story? Where should I begin...? When I was 12, I had my first sexual experience. What started as simple curiosity and exploration led to something ...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.