Skip to content
Checking In
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
How are you doing/feeling?

With the holidays upon us, what are your concerns when it comes to managing your time and stress and all the emotional triggers that can sometimes be part of them?

What tactics - aside from self harm - will you use to get yourself through? Perhaps if we do some brainstorming here, everyone can make a plan of ideas to use that will help.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

tnmist responded:
I'm struggling anyway, regardless of it being a holiday season, so I don't have much to offer in the way of suggestions on this one. I'm just trying to keep everything simple these days or I become more overwhelmed than I already am.

Would like to hear how others are coping - other tactics.

az330 responded:
Hello Caprice- I am feeling not so well. I am taking it one day at a time. Sometimes its one minute at a time. Trying to stay positive. Medicine makes me sick so I rest alot.

I cannot wait until the holidays are gone. I get so crazy around this time. It is triggering for me.

I dont know if I have any new tactics. I just wrap myself in blanket all the time. Sometimes thats all I have to keep myself together. I would love to hear more ideas.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to tnmist's response:
Keeping things simple, Misty. That can help. I hope that talking here helps too.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to az330's response:
I remember those days of taking it one minute at a time. (((hugs))) Remind yourself to breathe, deep and slow. If you can get outside for a walk, that can help.

You'll get through this, AZ. Be kind to yourself.

Spotlight: Member Stories

When I was 4 or 5 my family lived in Turkey. My father was in the Air Force and stationed there. I remember a neighbor boy. He was about 12. He would ...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.