Skip to content
Prosecution- very much a trigger as it has triggered myself
An_249374 posted:
[TRIGGER] I was sexually abused by a medical professional as a child and I have been thinking about reporting this. I feel responsible for it even if it started in a hospital setting I was 12-13 at the time. But even so it was a time in my life I was out of sort and I feel ugh he took advantage of a vunerable time in my life being a 27year old man. I did call the police department and spoke with someone about it. Anonymously This was some time ago that it happened- 27 years ago oddly approx. The one thing is this person also took nude photos of me that has ugh shamed me for years on top of it. I am actually afraid for them to go after him if they find those pictures of me. I am so embarrassed. In another way I want them destroyed. Then if we go to trail or whatever and he has them does the entire court see them too?

Since I have brought this up I am having the same emotions from back then and I do not like it because I thought I was so much stronger now. I can not believe I am getting the same emotions so insecure - bad thoughts ugh.

After he took the pictures of me nude and I was dressed I grabbed a kitchen knife as he took me to his fathers hour in towson as they were out of town. I tried to hurt myself and he grabbed the knife. Ugh

So am I strong enough to confront this? I do not know. My other concern is what if he has been hurting other kids and he is a nurse. What if I wasn't the only one. I should face this but my sister made a valid point to --- he could kill me. I am so lost what to do or not do.

cdsodaexpress responded:
I really would like to have the balls to do this and then I am sure no one else is getting hurt or trust is taken away. That they do not live their entire lives so concerned for their children being hurt that they can not let anyone watch them out of the pure fear of it.

slik_kitty responded:
only you can answer the question, are you strong enough. if you want to prosecute this person, then talk to a lawyer. see what all it would entail to go through with it and see if doing something about it now will get you some justice.

An_249374 replied to slik_kitty's response:
I talked to a friend about this and she made me feel worst she said what if someone else is being abused. So again it feels like my fault like I am damned if I do and I am damned if I don't.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 38 years old mother with three kids who are basicily teens 11 and 15 years of age. I grew up knowing that I was not the right sex i.e. dad wan...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.