Skip to content
*WARNING- MAJOR TRIGGER* Needing insight...
carebearTN posted:
Ok, I've never posted on anything like this before, but I could really use some insight. I was sexually abused extensively by multiple people when I was growing up and was sold for sex as well when I was a child, the last time being a few years ago, when I was 22, I think. I have been through counseling and thought I was over it all, but over the past few weeks I have been having these intense nightmares concerning all of this. They are so real and I wake up slightly disoriented, sweaty, and terrified. It's like all of this is actually happening to me all over again. I have also started having these flashbacks again when I'm awake. I have no idea what has caused all of this to come back up, but I need it to all go away again. Any tips as to how I can do that? This has to go away asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you ahead of time for all of your help and insight.

slik_kitty responded:
welcome to the board. it sounds like you need to get back into therapy. there are still issues to be resolved in your mind. we don't always know what triggers us. we can be ok for a while, then something happens and we're back where we started. don't feel bad about returning to therapy. it can sometimes take years for all the feelings to go away.

Thrivingat44 responded:
CarebearTN, I have never posted on any thing like this either. We have similar backgrounds. It is ok to go back to therapy. Might be good. At age 44 I still have nightmares, but remember the trauma is over. You survived. And you did nothing to cause it. People with PTSD we want our symptoms to go away immediately. I have learned since, accepting it (much like someone would who is a diabetic or has anothe illness) has become easier. Also this time of year is hard. Hang in there! Please know you are not alone! If you notice people you are around, they all have something different, that is where a higher power may help you. I promise think of life like this maybe a temporary speed bump. Many times we do not know what triggers us. Get some good grounding techniques. Hang in there. In two weeks you maybe pulling one of us off the ledge.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
if things are getting stirred up then there are issues to deal with.

You were in therapy and healed to a degree in the past...now you are older and in a different headspace/place in your life and it sounds like you need to do some more healing.

many of us find ourselves dealing with the same issues at different spots during our lives.

You say: "This has to go away asap. "

makes me wonder if you are in a new relationship and that is causing the unrest and resurfacing of the past.

You can't make the past go away....but you can learn to not allow it to affect you so strongly.

welcome to the board, glad you found us.

Ste
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to Thrivingat44's response:
welcome to the board T44. Glad you found us.

Ste
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I read my story and was shocked how much poured out of me. Too much detail - I will give you all a more appropriate summary later. Please any of you w...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.