Skip to content
Missing Caprice
tnmist posted:
Hope you are okay, wherever you are. Haven't seen a post from you in awhile. Always appreciated the input.

Take care.

-Misty

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
The mods are all missing. Not Just Miss Caprice. This is just here-say and I don't know if its true,

Supposedly webmd pulled them to work on some project behind the scenes.

Several people have sent emails to find out if they are permanently gone or just for a while and have not gotten replies.

hopefully after the holidays wind down webmd will tell us more.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
posted on the SI board by the mods:

"Our apologies for the delay in responding to you over the holidays, we appreciate you raising your concerns with us. Over the last few weeks, we have decided to shift the focus of the communities from being WebMD-managed to now being more member-managed — allowing members to shape their conversations and their communities in the direction that suits their needs. We have seen this as a growing trend among other social networking sites/message boards and feel it will better facilitate interaction among our members. Even with this change, we will continue to invite experts to keep answering member questions as they have been in the past. Along with this, we have also recently made some significant updates to our Answers tool (answers.webmd.com) and we hope you will make use of this resource as well.[br>[br>If you do need to reach a WebMD Staff member, please reach out either via our reporting tool on this community or by submitting an email here:https://customercare.webmd.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic . Thanks again."

az330 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
That is sad....I will miss Caprice...That makes me sad and angry they didn't say anything....We are people who have feelings too...Thanks for the information...Disappointed in WebMD...

tnmist replied to az330's response:
Well, she was a member, too, not just a mod. That stinks. And it's a loss. Yet another loss for everyone. :*(

If that provided an income, then I'm sure she has mixed feelings on the subject as well. Bless her wherever she goes, but I hope she will post here. Sigh.

-Misty

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to tnmist's response:
WebMD totally bumbled this. They should have made a generalized announcement and gave us time to say goodbye. I have known Caprice 10 years. You get to know/get attached to someone in that amount of time.

Even if she is still working behind the scenes this change has to be hard on her as well. And knowing my friend is hurting and I can't comfort her is painful.

I boggles my mind that the corporation would be so callous to think that no one would notice or miss the mods. We know the mods are not bots spitting out canned staff.

That they discounted the impact of support they offered and there place on the boards. They were not just employees but damn good ambassadors for WedMD.

For a company that promotes health and wellness, this just comes across as mean and cruel. They should have gave us the simple curtsy of telling us, rather then leaving us in limbo wondering what the heck came down the pipe.

tnmist replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
It's a business, and decisions are always made based on the bottom line: Money. The reason they gave, posted above, can't be the whole story. We aren't stupid. Hello?!

Most of you have known Caprice a whole lot longer than I have. I'm so sorry. It appears that you have lost a good friend. This was handled very poorly, that's for sure. I sure miss her, and I barely knew her. She was awesome - IS awesome. Maybe she can come back under a different name. Who knows? Maybe after a period of time she can post. I'm sure she would post if she was able to. There must be something in a contract or something preventing her from posting.

I know all this is just my opinion. Just makes me angry. Just sayin'.

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.