Skip to content
Out of sorts
tnmist posted:
Don't like being in my own skin lately. Antsy. I feel like I'm waiting for the "other shoe to drop" or something. It's hard not to retreat from everyone. When I retreat, then some people start asking me questions, and I don't like that either. Sometimes it's easier to pretend when I'm around people. Something is bothering me, but I don't know what. I mean, something more than all the usual stuff. Like a storm brewing....Clouding in, can almost feel the charge in the air...Antsy. Hate being in my own head sometimes. Don't like venturing out either. There is no comfortable place. Just rambling. Thanks for "listening."

-Misty

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
know of what you speak. I get in that head space when things are too calm or going well. I get uncomfortable and keep waiting for "other shoe to drop".

Me and my T decided it was a result of the abuse. Since it happened on a regular basis, it became routine. When it didn't happen my body/mind would get anxious/antsy with a kind of pre-traumatic-stress-disorder...like COME ON JUST HAPPEN! get it over with.

It took me a long time to learn to not expect (deleted) to fall from the sky and hit me. Once I did that head space went away.

Glad you don't have to pretend around us.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 25 yr old male who is a csa survivor. My abuse wasn't violent like many others here, but it has letf it's mark on me nonetheless. After...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.