Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
i am so lost
melisfit posted:
  • ************************Trigger********************************************************8I just feel so lost. My dad just won't leave me alone. He keeps showing up at the supermarket I shop at. At the hospice I volunteer at. He's gotten into our house twice more. We're moving....again. This time to a new state. I'm scared of moving so far away from Nathan's parents. They've been so great through all of this. I hoped my dad would lose interest in me now that I've been a real wife to Nathan, but its just made him angry. After forcing himself into me, He whipped me with his belt for being such a " dirty little whore". What am I doing wrong? Why does this keep happening?

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
    get a restraining order.
    I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

tnmist responded:
    He is coming to your own private home?? Call 911. It doesn't matter that you know the intruder. Sounds like a stalker. Absolutely get a restraining order. I'm sorry you are needing to move, but with a stalker will he just find you again anyway?? That sounds very frightening. He needs to be in jail. If possible get an alarm system.

I have a good friend who is a survivor who has an active alarm system on her home. It's quite a relief for her to have it.

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with more trauma.

It keeps happening because, unfortunately, your dad (and I use that term loosely) is ill (trying to be kind here), and you need outside help - hopefully the police or someone can help. I'm writing a lot here because what you describe scares me, and I don't even know you very well.

Just an FYI, in case you ever take him to court or anything - document everything, if you haven't done so already. If you think there is any possibility of criminal action down the road, document, document, document.

-Misty

az330 responded:
    Remember that none of this is your fault. I know its hard to believe because I struggle with that too. I agree with what the ladies are saying. Get a restraining order and an alarm system.
    Run as far away as you can! Im so sorry this is happening to you.

Keep in touch

AZ

slik_kitty responded:
    it keeps happening because it isn't about you, it's about your dad. you are doing nothing wrong. you just took away his last excuse for abusing you, so he had to invent a new excuse. he is the sick one. he has severe issues and the only way to get rid of him is through a restraining order.

i am so glad you are moving out of state. you will no longer be easily accessible. you will be just fine without nathan's parents since your biggest terror will be far away. do not give your family your new address. that way your dad won't find you.

An_249589 replied to slik_kitty's response:
    I'm so sorry you're going through this, it is similar to something I went through with my stepfather. He ended up in prison and I didn't have to deal with him until he got out just recently. I pray that moving gives you peace of mind, but, I agree with the others about getting a restraining order and calling the police about him getting into your house. I understand you may not want to call the police on your father, but, as hard as I know it is, you need to start trying to stand up for yourself, something I'm trying to do myself right now. Good luck and keep us posted.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am broken but I don't like others to know because I fear they won't look at me as strong as they see me now. I don't understand why I am...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
    I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.