Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weepy day
tnmist posted:
Decided to take a "mental health day" and not work today. Woke up all weepy and out of sorts and just didn't want to deal with life. Work has been rough this week, and I decided to try to step back and regroup a little. I did go out to visit with a friend for a little while.

Now I think I'm going to just imagine myself near a warm, crackling fire in a nice, big rocking chair with a quilt wrapped around me, a trusty old teddy bear tucked under one arm, perhaps, and a steaming cup of hot chocolate on a side table nearby, and lose myself in a favorite childhood book. Maybe I'll throw in a great big guard dog resting at my feet, but ever alert, just for good measure.

There is other comfortable furniture, quilts, and stuffed animals in this room for anyone who also wants to sit quietly with me and just be. I'll keep the pot of cocoa warm for you, too, and my guard dog knows who my gentle friends are and will welcome you with a wag of her tail, I'm sure.

-Misty

bluerose90 responded:
Hey Misty,

I'm glad you took a day for yourself. *gentle hugs*

If you don't mind the company I wouldn't mind joining you. Curling up on a nice comfy couch with my fluffy blanket and my cuddly old monkey sitting in my lap. I always love curling up with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book.

Rose

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
Thanks for joining me, Rose. Don't mind my tears today; they are cathartic. See? Even my dog puts her head on my knee in sympathy because she knows my heart is heavy. She is patient and knows that I will play with her on another day. I love the sound of a nice fire in the fireplace, and flames dancing around the logs somehow offer peace. Stay as long as you like. I appreciate the company.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a senior citizen who has carried a family secret for over 60 years. I have a genetic disorder diverticulosis.Treatment began in 2003. The bowel p...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.