Skip to content
No energy, zip, nada.
tnmist posted:
Rollercoaster week.
Too much in my head.
Only slept 4 hours.
Fortunately it is my day off, and after a couple of obligations this morning I'm now back home. I'm going to go find a nice comfy blanket to wrap up in and go to sleep or just go away in my head or SOMETHING.
Like the old song, "slip-sliding away..."
It is one of those days where I question if going through the pain of KNOWING is worth it. My self-esteem wasn't all that to begin with, and now I feel like I've been stomped on and have to find my way out of an even deeper, darker cave.

-m

bluerose90 responded:
((gentle hugs))

I hope you get some time to yourself to relax today. Sometimes we just need a break from everything so we can recoup.

Rose

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
Thank you for the hugs! Didn't accomplish what I meant to today, but the nap helped, so I'm okay with that. I even took the leap and joined one of the WebMD weight loss communities this evening because I truly want to start tackling that monster in my life. This board addresses WHY I'm where I'm at, and I think it is time to start tackling the weight/health itself, too.

I have never been a normal weight as an adult (and most of my childhood), and last year I just didn't care as much because bad food is my drug of choice, and I was just in survival mode. Now, though, I am starting to care again, and I really do want my inner child and me to make healthier choices and LIVE and not just survive. Tired of just being on the sidelines of life, and I'm not getting any younger!

Hope you are doing okay today, Rose.

-Misty

bluerose90 replied to tnmist's response:
I didn't do much relaxing today either. Lol

That's great that you're trying to get healthier. I need to start working on that myself.

I spent the entire day building a new cage for my rabbit. Now he has plenty of room to run around and be his naughty self. Other than that I've been having sleep issues as of late. Either I just can't sleep at all or I do and I have nightmares that make me not want to sleep. Hence the reason for me taking up a new knitting project and working on it until the wee hours of the morning. But I guess that's par for the course with history's like ours.

Have a good night and try to get some rest.

Rose

Wow, that's ambitious - the new cage. Good for you.

I have sleep issues, too. Just don't care to go to bed for various reasons. When I do, I sleep about 4 hours, and anything else is a bonus.

Hope you get some good rest, too.

-Misty

It took about 12hrs to finish doing it all because I didn't have one of the right tools to do it. Lol But it kept me busy and I was happy to do it for him. He needed a bigger cage.

I'm the same way with sleep. When I do finally get to sleep some I wake up over and over. So that makes it hard to actually rest. Hopefully I'll have some down time today though.

Rose

Yes, that's why I'm trying to get totally off caffeine and then I'm trying a combo of melatonin and a cup of herb tea in the evening. Melatonin by itself doesn't do the trick for me, and my T has lots of ideas as he is very much into natural remedies/supplements and stuff, so I'm going to give melatonin another chance with some herb tea. Right now I either use benadryl or meclizine to try to get to sleep. I have meclizine because I have some vertigo issues, but it does tend to make me drowsy, so I can't use it during the day when I need it - go figure.

It's a lazy day for me. Not even going to venture out. I'm going back to bed and read for awhile. Not in the best of spirits, but I've been worse. I blew off a couple of friends, which disappointed them a bit, but just not doing the people thing today. Going to stay in my cave with my pets.

I hear the argument, "You will feel better if you get out," but that isn't always the case. Sometimes it just stresses me out, and when I'm near tears I would rather just be alone.

Hope you get some good rest today.

Misty

Let me know if it works for you, I was actually thinking about posting and asking people for suggestions on what helps them to get to sleep. I've been pretty much off all caffeine for awhile now. I've tried herb tea, valerian, and several others but they don't seem to do anything for me. I've taken meclizine before but it doesn't make me drowsy either. I take Nortriptyline at night which was prescribed to help me sleep but it doesn't do anything either and I take it with benadryl too. I was wondering about upping my dose on that to see if that helped at all.

I'm kind of having a lazy day today myself. Honestly I wish that I could just lay in bed and sleep all day but I don't think that will happen. Took care of a few things around the house and I watched some TV. Foxy is laying down next to me sleeping like he's dead. Lol

I'm sorry that you're feeling down today, but sometimes a relaxing day and snuggling with you're pets can be the best thing. Maybe curling up with a blanket, some relaxing music, good book, and a cup of tea might help. Take care of yourself. ((Hugs))

Rose

I have this SleepyTime tea with chamomile and other herbs. I haven't done that combo lately but will start again...I had slipped up with my personal "no caffeine" rule, and the natural remedies just don't help me if I have caffeine in my system. I will let you know about the melatonin and herb tea combo.

I stayed home all day yesterday, but a friend finally convinced me to go hang out at her house and watch a movie last night, so I did venture out after all.

Misty

I've tried SleepyTime tea before but I've never tried it with Melatonin before.

Today has been a long one for me. I just want to curl up in my bed and go numb for a little while. The last week has been really bad for sleep/nightmares and I think it's taken it's toll on me today.

Rose

{{gentle hugs}}

Thanks Misty.

Rose

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.