Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Winter Storms
bluerose90 posted:
I hope everyone that's in the path of the big storms out east are doing okay. From the news that I've read it looks pretty bad.

I'm not sure who may be in the path of it, but if you are, take care and be safe. I guess that a couple states have all their roads shut down so don't go out unless you have too.

Be safe everyone.

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

lovely_lemon_tree responded:
Thank you for the well wishes, Rose. I live in eastern Maine so I did get some but not a lot. (Well, relatively speaking anyhow... so far it looks like about a foot outside, not counting the drifts. This is Maine, for crying out loud -- it snows. That's the way it is.)

They're making a giant deal about this but of course it hit the more populated areas so it gets more attention.

But so far so good for us.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

Jade2012 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
I'm a Mainer too, Lovely....in the Western part of the state:) We got about 2 ft where I am. Patrick went to get a few groceries today and there wasn't any produce or meat! They said they didn't get their shipments due to the storm.

I haven't been on here in a very long time - sort of went through a tough time where I just turned inward and didn't want to deal with (read or write about) anything like what I remembered from my childhood. It doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about you all though!
In helping others we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us. - Flora Edwards

bluerose90 replied to Jade2012's response:
It's good to hear that you're both okay despite the storm.

I'm sure that it's going to be a bit of a mess for awhile though. Getting all the snow cleared away so things can get back to normal. I'm from the Midwest so snow storms and blizzards are a mainstay there as well. I just really hate ice storms. Ewwww blaaaahhh. Lol

I thought that might happen with the stores and stuff Jade, but I thought everything would be cleared out just from people stalking up before the storm. I didn't think about them maybe not getting their shipments in.

It's good to see you back Jade. I hope that everything's been going good for you.

Rose

Jade2012 replied to bluerose90's response:
Thank you, Rose:) I hope things have been going good for you, too. I have good days and bad days just like the rest of us on here but I'm having more good days than bad days lately.

Oh, I don't like ice storms either. We had one here back in 1998 and it was a bad one. We were without power for almost 20 days....others were out for a month! I will never forget it. Patrick and I woke up in the middle of the night and could hear the sound of large tree branches snapping, popping, breaking and crashing to the ground! Hope we never have another one like that ever! I don't mind snowstorms or blizzards - I actually enjoy those when I don't have any place I have to be and I can stay home by the woodstove in my comfy chair:)

How have you been, Rose?
~Jade
In helping others we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us. - Flora Edwards

lovely_lemon_tree replied to Jade2012's response:
The Ice Storm.

It was just before I moved up here. It really did a lot of damage. There is still damage visible in the trees on I-95. I missed it, but boy, do I remember it.

*waves to Jade* Hello, fellow Mainer. We're pretty rare here on the boards.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

Jade2012 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
*waves back to lovely*
We lost a couple of beautiful trees in our front yard due to that storm.

How are you doing, lovely?
~Jade

Hey Jade,

Well, for me the weather is good and steady. I just wish it was a little cooler, and yes I know that after saying that most of the people on here will be like, "I want warm weather!". Lol

Life has been kinda hard this last week. My sleep pattern is completely screwy (rather lack of sleep) and is throwing me off a bit. It's been a down week, not much energy or desire to do anything. We all have those times though. Hopefully I'll get out of the rut soon. Sorry it took me so long to reply to you but I've been lurking mostly this week.

I'm glad u weathered the storm okay. I'm glad everyone is okay.

Rose

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
I'm glad to see you tonight, Rose. I'm sorry it's been such a tough week for you. Hope you get a good night's rest very soon. It makes all the difference. I think a lot of us have sleep issues, and I empathize with several recent postings regarding the lack of sleep!!! (Don't mean to change the gist of the thread. Just sayin..)

Misty

Jade2012 replied to bluerose90's response:
Thanks Rose....you must live in the southern part of the US? I am sooo looking forward to warmer days here!

I hope things get better for you soon...I know what its like to be stuck in a rut - I go through spells. My sleep pattern isn't the best either....I hope you're able to get some peaceful quality sleep very soon.

~Jade

Hey Jade,

Actually I'm not in the country at the moment. Lol I'm way way way down south.

I am doing a little better. Hopefully in a few days I'll be back to my "normal".

Rose

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
Antartica??! Wow. That could be by the beach, but I doubt there is much of a tourist season, LOL, and probably not that warm. Nah, just ribbing you a little. I know you don't want to say exactly, and of course I respect that.

bluerose90 replied to tnmist's response:
  • pulls my parka up and puts on my fur lined gloves*

Lol. Okay, so maybe I'm not that far down south. Maybe just way, way, and not way, way, way.

Rose
  •  
    marysings replied to bluerose90's response:
    The storm is predicted to begin here (northern Missouri) early tomorrow afternoon. We will get between 7 to 12 inches AND may have ice problems, too!

We have stockpiled the necessary things so I won't be getting out in the mess unless the kid in me wants a few snow angels made.

Mary
    I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Jade2012 replied to marysings's response:
    How's it going, Mary? Hope you and your family are staying safe during the storm.
    ~Jade

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am broken but I don't like others to know because I fear they won't look at me as strong as they see me now. I don't understand why I am...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
    I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 12 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
    Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.