Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
**Possible trigger** Any similar experiences out there? **Possible trigger** ??
Jade2012 posted:
I go along for good stretches of time when I feel like I am "normal" - whatever "normal" means, anyway - I guess in this case it would mean there was no SA in my childhood. During the "good stretches" I am really up - positive, able to get some things accomplished, easier to get along with, a lot less irritable, somewhat comfortable engaging in conversation with others at work, things go well at home....

Then something happens or there is something that triggers my thoughts to go back to when I was that little girl....sometimes its a bad dream that seems to come from out of nowhere...sometimes its something on tv, other times its something I read.....I become irritable & moody...my thoughts are negative and I have a bad attitude toward men....even toward Patrick whom I love very much - he certainly doesn't deserve my attitude. During these times, I get angry when he wants sex, I tell him no & most of the time he honors that but when I just give in, I feel angry at him afterwards - I feel like he's selfish.....I feel like men just want one thing, I feel disgusted....a few months ago, after we had sex I just started balling. Had no idea it was going to happen, just had an overwhelming emotional outburst & literally felt sick to my stomach. What's up with that?
~Jade
In helping others we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us. - Flora Edwards

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was sexually abused by my older brother and my older cousin from age 8-18. I repressed these memories for many years. When I was in my mid 30's ...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.