Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Oh jeeze ... got triggered again
marysings posted:
We attended our DIL father's funeral last Saturday. He was a vet and I was not prepared at all for the 21 gun salute. First noise and I jumped so much I nearly fell out of my chair. Second noise and I jumped again. Third time I jumped and began to cry. Thankfully, it took me only a few minutes to "recover".

I do not like ptsd.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

tnmist responded:
OH, I'm so sorry. Totally understand that. Does everyone have that sort of startle response with PTSD? I'm beginning to think so.

I had a recent PTSD moment myself that I posted towards the end of my "gloomy day" thread. I'm doing a little better today, finally. Had a day off from work and drove 2-1/2 hours to another city to spend the day with some old girlfriends. Wow, didn't realize how much that would help.

{{{gentle hugs}}}

Misty

bluerose90 responded:
Hey Mary,

I'm sorry that you were triggered. I hate when stuff like that happens.

((Hugs))

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Just thought that my revealing this discussion would open my story of sexual abuse, and bring my insecure self to light. This part of my life was alwa...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.