Skip to content
Questions/Distractions
az330 posted:
How is everyone doing today???Today for me will be about distraction. What do you do to distract yourself???
I have a mountain of laundry as high as me to do and an anxious dog who will probably want to go for a walk....I already feel overwhelmed.

AZ
FirstPrevious12NextLast

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
My family is recovering from the plague...really, why don't people keep there sick kids home so they don't infect the whole school and then their families?

Would rather be at the coast, or off cantering through the woods. Or spooning with my hubby on a blanket in the sun.

Having none of those at my disposal I am eating oreos.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

bluerose90 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Hey AZ, I know that it's a couple of days late on this but today is going to be a distraction day for me. I have a list as long as my arm of "to do" stuff. Cleaning various things around the house is at the top of the list. I'm trying to force myself to do something. I haven't has the desire or the motivation to do much lately. (((Hugs))) I hope you feel better today.

As far as what I do for a distraction, I usually play with my rabbit or draw for awhile. Otherwise I would go sit at the beach for awhile just to relax but it's not very peaceful right now with all the tourists. Lol

Hey DD, Sorry that you and you're family's been sick. I hope you're all feeling better now. I hate when people send their sick kids to school to infect everyone else. With the flu that's going around really bad right now I'm sure that it''s pretty bad.

I think I'm going to have a snickers.

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

az330 replied to bluerose90's response:
Bad day today. Hoping tomorrow will be better....ive just been lurking a bit....

lovely_lemon_tree replied to az330's response:
Also having a "down" day which probably means I should do something like tackle the laundry or do the dusting (which REALLY needs to get done), but like DD, I am also eating Oreos.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

bluerose90 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
All this talk about Oreos is making me crave them too.

Hmm, I think I'm going to have to go buy some. I hope everyone is doing better today. I've been kind of lurking around here too.

Rose

slik_kitty replied to bluerose90's response:
if you want oreos, try this. open an oreo, put a reeses peanut butter cup in the middle and dip the whole thing in chocolate.

bluerose90 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Oh, that sounds so dang good!!! (don't know how to do the drool face but wish I did)

I'm officially kicking myself because I went to the store and I forgot to get Oreos!! *sniff sniff*

Well, today I'm starting a new project to try to cheer myself up and get my mind on something else. I'm going to try to knit a gorilla. I hope everyone's doing okay here. The board has been quiet lately but I think most of us are just kind of lurking at the moment. Take care everyone.

Rose

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to bluerose90's response:
"I'm going to try to knit a gorilla"

that is the most awesome thing I've read on the internet today! Maybe ever!

I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

bluerose90 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Lol!

I'll have to try to put a picture of it up here when I finish it.

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
Hope you can...My latch-hook lion may take forever, but mostly because i haven't been working on it much...

Weepy day today. Just wonder if i will ever live and not just exist. Lonely and weepy...Don't have any Oreos so will take a little nap to escape instead.

-Misty
(Was feeling purple, but more of just a gray now.)

bluerose90 replied to tnmist's response:
  • Wraps the pink fluffy blanket around you, hands you a hot cup of tea, and sits next to you.*

Rose
  •  
    tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
    ...Snuggles deep inside the pink blanket, appreciates the company and tea, and sits quietly with red, swollen eyes, feeling wiped out....

Misty

slik_kitty replied to bluerose90's response:
    go here for extra smilies

http://messenger.yahoo.com/features/emoticons/

just right click on the pic and click on copy image location. then paste the url in the window that pops up when you click the camera icon above the reply window. there's a link at the bottom of the yahoo page for even more smilies.

bluerose90 replied to tnmist's response:
  • Offers you a sleepy, fluffy rabbit to cuddle with.*

Rose

• Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
    I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.