Skip to content
Different part *****may be trigger*****
tnmist posted:

There is a part of me that wants to die. It's like it's always been there. She's been subdued for several years more or less, but those thoughts find their way to the surface more often again. Maybe someday I'll be free of them, but right now they just keep bubbling around causing turmoil. Does anyone understand what I mean? I'm not actively suicidal...just nagging thoughts, liking something dogging me, nipping at my heels, being a nuisance...Using different word pictures here (bubbles, dogs), but it's hard to explain. **Big Sigh**

-Misty

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
    yup, know of what you speak.
    I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

bluerose90 responded:
    I know exactly what you mean Misty...

(((Safe gentle hugs)))

Rose
    Where there is shadow, there is light.

iwanttostop responded:
    yep, most definitely. i battle with that part of me every day! i learned not to act on thoughts, but they have been with me for as long as i can remember.

tnmist replied to iwanttostop's response:
    I appreciate the responses. Sometimes I feel like such a freak. I wouldn't wish this stuff on anyone, but I am also comforted in knowing, others "get it."

The brainwashing started very early in life. I just don't know if I will ever have a more normal self-esteem. Just sick of feeling like a gutter rat all the time. I don't care how many years ago it was, there just isn't enough water on the planet to feel clean, 'ya know? Will I ever be able to pick up all the shattered pieces of my self and put me back to gether? I don't even know what "together" looks like. Will I even recognize me if I do?

I'm just not in a very good place these days... I'm sorry.

-Misty

bluerose90 replied to tnmist's response:
    I know what you mean and how you feel Misty. Some days I've stood in the shower for hours, even after the water runs cold, trying to feel clean again.

And there's no need to apologize for how you feel.
    (((Soft, gentle hugs if okay)))
    Where there is shadow, there is light.

slik_kitty replied to tnmist's response:
    deep inside of us is the core of who we really are. it just gets covered up with all the crap piled on us as we are growing up. it is hard to dig out from that, but it is possible. i can see who you are through all of that and it is beautiful. you will dig out and you will see that person inside of you. it takes time, but you will do it.

iwanttostop replied to tnmist's response:
    have you ever read the book " the mud people" it by laney mackenna mark ? it help me some... just a thought hope you are doing beter : - )

tnmist replied to iwanttostop's response:
    Thank you Rose, SK and IWTS for your kind words and encouragement. As for book, no, I hadn't heard of that particular one. Thanks for mentioning it.

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 38 years old mother with three kids who are basicily teens 11 and 15 years of age. I grew up knowing that I was not the right sex i.e. dad wan...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
    With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.