Skip to content
Doc anxiety
bluerose90 posted:
Okay.... So I started having a bad toothache yesterday and so in about an hour or so I have to go see a dentist. Seems that I've gotten myself a lovely cavity... Go figure...

I have some issues with doctors in general, as I'm sure most of us do, so I'm currently trying to keep myself from freaking out about it. I guess I'm kind of just rambling and killing time before I have to leave. I seriously freak out with doctor's in general and it just shoots my anxiety up through the roof and puts me on edge.

Hopefully when I get home tonight I'll work on the gorilla again and that will help me calm down. Just venting a little.

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

tnmist responded:
Can you let the doctor know you have PTSD? I dissociate on purpose and then breakdown in the car afterwards...At least that was what has happened in the past, and that was before I even knew my real history, but that was how I coped. Tell him, if you want, that you need to know exactly what is going on at all times...Whatever you need to get through it. Remember you are paying them, so they are like your employee, ha. ((((hugs))))

-Misty

bluerose90 replied to tnmist's response:
Hey Misty,

I didn't tell him about my PTSD, in part because I honestly didn't know how to explain it to him. When I get stressed it gets harder to translate things. Lol. I tend to dissociate when I'm in a situation like that with doctor's too... I did better than I thought I would but I'm exhausted now. I was tense the whole time and kept clenching my fists to try to keep myself from moving around too much or possibly... decking the doc.... Lol

I'm just glad it's over now. I think I'm going to take the pain med he prescribed and just lay down for the night maybe it will help me sleep. Have a good night Misty, and thanks.
((((hugs))))
Rose

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
You took care of yourself and got through it. Good for you! Hope you sleep well.

-Misty

Okay, so I was finally able to finish the gorilla this afternoon. Lol
I couldn't paste a picture of it into a post so I made it my display picture for awhile. I think he turned out pretty good for my first attempt at making a gorilla.

Rose

Cool. It takes WebMD a little while to catch up with the display pics, so be patient and it will show up. Can't wait to see it. You have the hand of those emoticons...me, not so much. Will try another time.

-Misty

tnmist replied to tnmist's response:
er, maybe I meant, you got the hang of those emoticons...me, not so much....Something didn't translate between my brain and the keyboard, ha.

-Misty

tnmist replied to tnmist's response:
oh, Rose, that is really cute!!! How can I order one? Ha. It looks like a baby gorilla - and it's blue. Love it. You work really fast!! I'm very impressed. Inspires me to get back to work on my lion hook rug. Thanks so much for sharing.

-Misty

Lol. I knew what you meant Misty.

By the way for the emoticons I've just been copying the image from the yahoo link that SK posted. I'll put it up here again.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/features/emoticons/

He's does look kinda blue in the picture doesn't he? Lol. It must be the lighting or something. He's black and grey and kinda looks like Curious George. Lol I'd love to see your lion hook rug when you're finished with it! I've never done anything like that before. Now I'm off to make a baby blanket. Lol

Rose

Okay, black and gray...either way, he is just too cute.

....cool. They work here. (I was trying them elsewhere and didn't work as easily.) I may be thinking up something to say just to use some of them, ha. (nerd - me)

-Misty

LOL!

I love the nerd emote!!! It's totally me too! LOL

Rose

slik_kitty replied to tnmist's response:
here's a few more smilies i forgot about

http://www.tipsandtutorials.net/yahoo-messenger-11-hiden-emoticons.html

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. I am 23. I grew up in a rural community where everyone knows everyones business. But no one knows the abuse I suffered at the hands of my unc...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.