Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Surviving Trauma and Writing to Heal
JoannaSingsForYou posted:
Hi All,

I made this YouTube video called "2 Minute Memoir" in order to briefly share my story as well as help others in the process. I hope you find healing and support in it, you are not alone in your struggle, and I know now in my heart that there is light after the dark.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JrgfYZH7euo&feature=plcp

Best Wishes, Joanna

soulkeepers responded:
JoannaSingsForYou,

Welcome to this site

Thanks for sharing your video and hope it helps a lot of others in the process.
Crying Is Like Taking Your Soul To The Laundry Mat!!!!!!!

JoannaSingsForYou replied to soulkeepers's response:
Thank you Soulkeepers, I hope so too!

Best Wishes,
Joanna

slik_kitty responded:
wow i love that poem. you should post more. welcome to the group.

bluerose90 responded:
Welcome to the board Joanna.

I really enjoyed your video and poem! I hope we get to hear more from you.

Rose
" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>">
Where there is shadow, there is light.

tnmist responded:
Thank you for sharing, Joanna, and welcome to the board.

-Misty

JoannaSingsForYou replied to tnmist's response:
Thank you so much everyone for the supportive feedback! I appreciate that my video is helping others, while helping me in the process. I will continue posting videos to http://www.youtube.com/user/jfanuko and you can check in and subscribe to my channel for updates. I will definitely post new videos to this WebMD community as I continually make them.

Thanks again, and stay strong!

-Joanna

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
welcome to the board, glad you found us.

Going public with these issues can be triggering. Can make you feel exposed/vulnerable right along side the empowering feelings you are having. I hope you are taking extra care of yourself as you make this transition from the silent unseen to the IMINYOURFACE!

Loved the writing you have done.

peace be the journey

Paja
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

JoannaSingsForYou replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Thank you for the tip. It is difficult to talk about but it absolutely makes me feel better and stronger because I am ready to do so. Please of course disregard my posts here if you are particularly triggered. However, I am posting a cool new video to my YouTube channel today, and I will post it to this discussion for those who do wish to watch and feel better with my music.

It will be found here as well, later today, and you can subscribe to my channel to get updates more quickly if you would like and feel comfortable doing so:

Www.youtube.com/user/jfanuko

Best, Joanna

JoannaSingsForYou replied to JoannaSingsForYou's response:
Hi all,

I posted my new video to YouTube, as well as here in the WebMD community as a new discussion. It is called "2 Minute Music Lesson." I hope you enjoy watching it, and I wish you all the serenity in life that you deserve!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NxwZvkgdr4

Keep up your hope

*Joanna*

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a senior citizen who has carried a family secret for over 60 years. I have a genetic disorder diverticulosis.Treatment began in 2003. The bowel p...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.