Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I need a boat ride
tnmist posted:
Mary gave me a great idea recently, so here goes. It's been another rough week, and I could use a boat ride, I think. It sounds lovely. Maybe a large sailboat. Room enough for anyone to join me. There is a nice breeze, and I intend to make a day of it. Think tropical with clear water. We can anchor and go snorkling for a bit if you like. I can usually spot a few dolphins nearby to enjoy watching as we sail.

I think Oreos are a must, so I'm grabbing a bag to share and some chocolate milk and also bottled water. Anyone care to bring fruit or anything? I'm also stashing some drawing paper and colored pencils on board for anyone.

Would anyone care to join me? Grab your sunglasses and hop aboard. What would you like to bring with you? All ideas welcome.

-Misty

bluerose90 responded:
I think that sounds great, Misty! I could use a day trip out on the water... though sometimes I get a little sea sick... Oh well, they have pills for that!

I'll bring some fruit salad! I think I should bring some sunblock and a few extra towels for everybody too. Maybe a few games for people to play too. If we went snorkeling it would be the perfect time to have an underwater camera too! I'll have to see if I can get my hands on one of those to bring.

Anyone else?

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
.* the boat suddenly pulls hard of port as I climb from the sea on board*

In my best captain Jack Sparrow accent I ask.."where's the rum?"

.*water dripping off me in a steady rain*

(you all laugh and remind me I don't drink)

"then someone Pepsi me!!"

.*Climb the mast and hang the jolly roger, and the flag with a lantern on it*

our boat needs a name.

I call a vote for the USS Caprice. She can't be with us anymore so she can't veto the idea. LOL.

(Yes my friend, webmd may silence your voice, but you will not be forgotten, nor left behind in any boat excursions. You will always be a part of us.)

From the crows nest my voice floats down...

"I will stay watch up here and holler when I see anyone over board that needs hauled aboard to bask in the sun and relaxation."
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

bluerose90 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
  • tosses a pirate hat to DDT and a pint of Pepsi before I lean over the edge of the boat * Why is it always carrots? I didn't even eat carrots...

If I drank, DDT, I would drink to that! *Lifts a pint of lemonade* To Caprice, and the USS Caprice!!
  •  
    DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to bluerose90's response:
    - Repost

Caprice posted this on the self injury board 4 months ago before she was stolen in the night had to leave us.

she would have been the first to come aboard on the boat ride. I can think of nothing more soothing and comforting then her words.

lights of this community - by Caprice_Web_MD_Staff

They are YOU.[br>[br>Yes, you. Each of you.[br>[br>You each bring so much to this community. Your caring, spirit, generosity, wisdom, humor, kindness are evident despite how each of you struggle. How you reach out to help one another absolutely SHINES.[br>[br>I include each and every one of you in this so please don't think "oh, she's not talking about ME".... well, I AM talking about YOU.[br>[br>You humble me. I hope that today you will find at least one small way to be as kind to yourself as you are to others here. You deserve it.[br>[br>Shine on.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
    lets try this again with the spacing issues fixed.

Re-post

Lights of this community - by Caprice_Web_MD_Staff[br>
    [br>They are YOU.

Yes, you. Each of you.

You each bring so much to this community. Your caring, spirit, generosity, wisdom, humor, kindness are evident despite how each of you struggle. How you reach out to help one another absolutely SHINES.

I include each and every one of you in this so please don't think "oh, she's not talking about ME".... well, I AM talking about YOU.

You humble me. I hope that today you will find at least one small way to be as kind to yourself as you are to others here. You deserve it.

Shine on.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
    I string up twinkle lights along the edges of the sailboat to light the evening as the sun starts to set. This is my favorite time of day.

And I stroke my kitty, Savannah, who is here for all to pet her if anyone wants to.
    We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

tnmist replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
    She sits calmy, leaning over the boat and trailing her hand in its waters, reveling in the day, enjoying her soul sisters. She notices Savannah enjoying the attention of the humans around her. Rose looks a little less green-faced now and admires her courage to join us on the water. She looks up and smiles at the pirate makeover, raises a toast to those around her and proclaims, "Aye, it's been a pleasant day all around, don't 'ya think?" Already she is planning the next boat ride or any get together that surrounds her with those who understand the need for distraction.

She calls out, "Shall we plan something else? Perhaps for anyone who wasn't up to this occasion?"

-Misty

bluerose90 replied to tnmist's response:
  • Sits on the deck and watches the sunset as I fish for Savannah with some string, tugging and twisting it around on the deck as she chases it.*

I'm game for another get together Misty. Just don't tell Foxy that I'm playing with Savannah cause he might get jealous.

Rose
  •  
    marysings replied to bluerose90's response:
    MarySings here ... sorry I'm late. I cooked the most wonderful chocolate cake for the ride. Plates and forks for everyone as the sun sets in the west!

I find a comfy place to sit. I have my pink blanket and music books. ummmmmmm such a relaxing ride.

I've had some emotionable problems lately and Dr.B is assigning some awesome homework. It's tiring and challenging. Also I've been fighting a staph infection. *sigh*

Good Things? I finished all the tax stuff and books for 2012 two days before we went to the cpa's office. More good things, we are ready to confirm an order for a new sofa and loveseat. Dr.B said we would help our marriage if we actually touched each other in the evening and talked. We are both looking forward to this change.

I love the boat's name! My goodness I miss Caprice and her soothing posts.

MarySings
    I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

tnmist replied to marysings's response:
    Hear, hear, to the USS Caprice. May she sail again soon. Rose, your secret is safe with me. Mary, glad you could join us! I only see crumbs left from the cake now. Very yummy.

Does the happy dance for your good things. And I hope the homework is helpful. Sounds promising.

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

When I was 4 or 5 my family lived in Turkey. My father was in the Air Force and stationed there. I remember a neighbor boy. He was about 12. He would ...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
    I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.