Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Check In / Roll Call
bluerose90 posted:
Hey everyone.

It's been quiet on here for a few days so I thought I would do a shout out to see how everyone's been. I hope everyone is doing great!

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

tnmist responded:
I'm around. Just had more "life" thrown at me and overwhelmed. Will try to respond/write more later. Just family stuff adding to the mix. Sigh.

**Waves to the quieter ones that are lurking and missing you.***

-Misty

bluerose90 replied to tnmist's response:
Hey Misty, I'm sorry that you're feeling overwhelmed right now, but I'm glad to hear from you. Family does tend to make things go a little screwy most the time.

I've been kinda laying low the last few days. I'm a little triggery for some reason so I've been keeping to myself but unfortunately that also means that not much has been accomplished on my end.

*Sets out fluffy blankets, coloring books and crayons for everyone.*

Rose

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
Rose, I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling on edge or triggery lately. I hope that passes. I still say the full moon makes things more difficult, ha.

I don't know exactly how you have been feeling, but that's a pretty good description for me this week, too - triggery. My nights and days being turned around aren't helping, but I end up that way sometimes. The latest stuff with my family put me over the edge, too, with just a lot of crying, but that can be a good cathartic. It's possible I overreacted, but I'm tired of my nearest family not considering me when they do things like give away family keepsakes. I just keep telling myhself it's just stuff, and we can't take it with us, so just calm down.

And it's possible some of my stuff this week is hormonal because I'm middle-aged. Sigh.

Everything is just upsetting me. A friend replied to an email earlier this week and accused me of being reclusive, but when I pointed out that ever since she has had a boyfriend it is very hard to get together with her or spend time with her she never replied. I've sort of given up trying to keep a close friendship with her beause of this boyfriend she has had a year now. I have heard from other friends who have known her longer that she has done this in the past when with a boyfriend, and I'm not the only one missing her. But I did admit to her that I have been reclusive at times because I have learned from experience that people get tired of being around someone depressed.

I guess that's enough griping. It's just been another hard week. Everything piling up.

-Misty

I'm sorry that your family has been doing that. It's happened to me in the past with family too. Sometimes it's hard to keep in touch or stay close to friends when situations change like that. I hope it works out so that the too of you can get together soon.

I'm not sure what happened to make me triggery to be honest. The last two nights I've hardly been able to sleep at all, and then when I finally was able too I had the most vivid dream and it freaked me out. I'm hormonal and trying to deal with a migraine too which could be part of it. It must be something in the water. I always get extra jumpy and sensitive to everything when I'm like that, so maybe that's why.

Right now I'm just trying to keep from scratching my skin raw because I got bitten by some kind of bug and I guess I'm allergic to it because all 10 of the bites are swollen up really bad and itch like no other. Benedryl has been helping but I still just want to scratch the hell out of them. So to keep myself from making it worse I've been keeping my hands as busy as possible all day. Lol

(((Hugs)))

Rose

Oh, my. Do you have any calamine lotion or something??? I had an allergic reaction to a medication one time, and the itching and welts drove me bananas. I had to get a prescription cream to make it stop...I feel for you!

I also appreciate your encouragement...and I'm sorry for your migraine, too. Ouch.

-Misty

I hope your feeling better today.

I don't have any calamine lotion but I've been putting hydrocordizone cream or whatever it is on it so that's been helping. Yeah, I've had allergic reactions to medication like that before too. It's not pretty. LOL

I'll be fine in a day or so. I've been dealing with migraines for quite awhile now so I have the routine down.

Rose

Rose, I hope you are doing better today, too. Migraines are no fun, that's for sure.

Everyone must be having a tough time right now or a really good time because I haven't seen anyone else check in.
Hope folks are staying safe wherever they are, and a Happy (early) Easter to everyone.

-Misty

How are you feeling?

I'm doing okay today. The bug bites are calming down a little now which is a relief. lol I gave Foxy a bath today too. He looks so funny wet!

I'm afraid that you're probably right. I have the feeling that everyone's going through rough times right now. I hope everyone is taking care of themselves and staying safe too.

Rose

A wet rabbit? Bet as sorry-looking as a wet cat. Poor foxy.

I'm doing better today than earlier this week. Heard from T. He has a cancellation tomorrow and will see me. He has had the flu this week, which is why I haven't heard from him. He sounded so pitiful. He rarely gets sick, so he has probably been burning the candle at both ends.

Just had a flashback today. Sigh. Had to compartmentalize and will deal with it a little later. Sometimes I am successful doing that.

**sits nearby and borrows coloring book and crayons, one of her favorite pasttimes.** Thanks

-Misty

LOL I'd have to agree with that. While I was trying to clean him up he kept looking up at me so pitiful like he was saying, "Why are you doing this to me??" He's been avoiding me a little too so I guess he thinks I'm going to do it again. LOL

I'm glad you heard from your T today. Hopefully seeing him tomorrow will help. Maybe you can talk to him about the flashback too. Sorry to hear that he's been sick though. From what I've heard the flu has been going around pretty bad lately.

*Sits and colors with you and offers hot tea and fluffy blanket*

Rose

az330 responded:
wish i had good news. been staying off of here because i feel real negative. struggling. keeping everything locked away inside. it does no good to talk. i want to die.

tnmist replied to az330's response:
I'm sorry, AZ. Hope you can do something good for yourself today. The treatments and all will be behind you at some point. Please hang in there. ((((((((((AZ))))))))))

-Misty

bluerose90 replied to az330's response:
I'm so sorry, AZ. Like Misty said try to do something good for yourself today. Spring will be here soon and your treatments will be done. Try to look forward to the good things that are soon to come. Please take care of yourself and stay safe.

((((hugs))))

Rose

lovely_lemon_tree replied to bluerose90's response:
Peeking in.

Been doing okay... having med changes under the supervision of my pdoc... so far, I've gone off two of my 8 psychotropics, which leaves with a (still absurd) total of 6. I think in the next six weeks we're going to try going off another two and reclassifying anther to medical because it (Topomax) is mainly prescribed for cluster headaches. So I think that will leave me with three, which will be tolerable, I think. In the meantime, things are kinda... LoOPy... for lack of a better description. Perception is wavy and off, sight is generally ... off.. and weird.

So I've been laying low.

Hello to all, Happy Easter if that is your leaning.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I have no idea how to use a site like this but hopefully I'll catch on quick. lyI am looking for support from other adults dealing with being ...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.