Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
temp pic
tnmist posted:
This pic is temporary. Just was trying to show another community a hand-made cane a friend gave me. Wish we could have separate pics for separate communities!!

-Misty
FirstPrevious12NextLast

tnmist responded:
Changed it again....This was a tulip at the side of my house last year. When I bought the house, it was in the fall, so when tulips popped up the following spring, it was a really nice surprise. I only use a camera phone, and it's not the best, but it's something anyway...am looking for my "path" picture, LOL. I like the idea of the path...trying to head down a better path, etc.

-Misty

bluerose90 replied to tnmist's response:
Hmmm.... now you've got me thinking. Maybe I should go through my pictures as see what I can find. I'm rather fond of the one I've got now but it would be nice to have one up that I took.

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
Oh, I love that one, too..looks so stunning. I bet you have a cute one of Foxy or his face or sumpin...if you really wanted a change.

-Misty

Lol I have quite a few of Foxy but my camera kinda stinks so they aren't very good quality. I'll look and see what I have.

Rose

bluerose90 replied to bluerose90's response:
Okay, it's not a great one of him but I found a close up of his face. You can see a some orange tips on his chin. lol It's from his carrot.

Rose

Aww, thanks for sharing that. I can see see the orange tips, and that's too funny!

-Misty

P.S. I'm already counting the days until I see my T again, this Friday. Sigh. I'm tired of being me. Can I be someone else now?

He is adorable! I'm more than happy to share. I just wish he'd gotten a little more of a beard from his carrot today for his photo. Lol Some days he must be a super messy eater because his whole chin and nose turns orange. He's sleeping in the corner of his cage right now plastered up against the side, he looks so funny.

I'm glad that you're going to be able to see your T again. I know what you mean about being tired of being yourself. I'm having one of those days myself. If you figure out a way to be someone else for awhile let me know. I'm so tired I can hardly stand myself. Must be something in the water...

Rose

Stress, and the myriad of other negative emotions can be draining. Could just be catching up with you.

This is way earlier than my usual bedtime, but I'm headed that way, too. I'm exhausted, and I know I have a couple of full days ahead of me, so I may as well turn in now.

Like I said in another recent post, I just find it hard to stay present more often now. It's very weird. Wish I could just take a vacation from life for a few days...

-Misty

I know that that is part of it. I haven't slept more than two hours in a couple days now. No matter what I do I just can't sleep... At least I stopped drinking though.

This might seem strange but I kinda wish that I could disassociate for awhile. I'd like to be numb... My whole life I was never a crier, I rarely ever cried and never in front of other people, the last two weeks though I've just started crying randomly. A couple times in public. I hate that. After I told a few people about what happened to me I noticed that I would cry a lot more. Kinda like letting the genie out of the bottle I guess. A friend that has known me all my life said that she'd never seen me cry like that before or so much. *shrugs* Just random thought I guess.

I hope you get a good nights sleep Misty.

Rose

That's a really cute pic of an itty-bitty turtle.
Were you able to sleep any longer last night? Sure hope so. That wears me down quicker than anything - lack of sleep. Wish I had an answer for you. Are you off all caffeine?

As for crying, yes, I hate crying in front of anyone, too. You do probably need to talk over things with someone. Do you have a counselor?

Random thoughts are fine...most of mine are, ha.

-Misty

Oh, and I have been having similar thoughts about dissociating, wishing I could just take a BREAK and let "someone else" auto-pilot for awhile or something.

I'm planning to take several days off from work in the next few weeks or so, and I'm hoping that will help. I just feel like everyone is wanting something from me, IDK. I really don't know how to explain.

-Misty

Hey Misty,

Not really. I didn't sleep until about 6 a.m. I'm so worn out right now it's not even funny. The continuous headache doesn't help either. I don't drink any caffine except for what little is in the hot chocolate or tea that I drink but I usually drink decaf tea anyway.

No, I don't have a counselor and unfortunately the few people I talk to... yeah this is not something I can talk to them about.

My brain works like a pinball machine.

Rose

I'm sorry.

-Misty

I'm glad that you're going to have a few days off. I hope you get to do something that you enjoy and relax for awhile.

Yeah, I don't really know how to explain it either. (((hugs)))

It's okay. It's part of the reason that I'm here so much. This place is my outlet. Hopefully being here I might be able to help others while I'm at it too.

Rose

Spotlight: Member Stories

From the time I was 5 til I moved away at 12 I was sexually abused by my friends older brother. I have never told anyone about it except my best frien...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.