Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A Light-Hearted Note
lovely_lemon_tree posted:
Just some pictures I wanted to share with you...

Here is Savannah:

And here is me!

We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

bluerose90 responded:
  • waves* Hi!

Rose
    Where there is shadow, there is light.
  •  
    tnmist responded:
    Oh, I had a gray-and-white cat once. I love here. She was easier than the one I have now....and I like your mug shot there - very nice! Thank you for sharing!!!!

I just don't feel comfortable sharing my real name or pet names or anything...but I am real. Sigh.

-Misty

slik_kitty responded:
    she is beautiful and so are you. sammy is gray and white too, but much smaller.

tnmist replied to slik_kitty's response:
    I thought so, too. LLT, what shade of lipstick is that, if you don't mind my asking? It's pretty.

-Misty

lovely_lemon_tree replied to tnmist's response:
    To be honest, I have no idea what shade of lipstick that is! I went to Macy's to have them to my makeup for a job interview and they asked what I liked and that was what I picked out. Sorry I don't know...

I understand your need to keep to yourself, Misty. I have been on this site for ten years and there are two ladies who have been on here for that long who know my real name. That's it. It's also taken me that long to share pictures of myself. So you guys are the first batch!

Of course I don't mind sharing pictures of my little turkey...

tnmist replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
    Well, in that case, I feel honored!

In my case, I'm just so afraid a family member will discover me, and I can't share this with my family. Just not going there because they will never believe me and I can't handle that. Even with other things, my sister has not shown the compassion I need or deserve, and is more like, "people just need to get over things and move on." I don't even know if she has any similar demons in her mind (the FBs) or not (I suspect not because of the family dynamics, but who knows), but it's just her personality in general...And I know she was my parent's favorite...etc., etc. I just can't go there.

I told my T that after mom passes and IF my sister ever visits me where I live, then I would consider bringing her in with me and trying to tell her with him there to help. That's the only way I will even consider disclosing to the family.

My entire life I never felt believed by my family - especially my mother for even little things...As an adult, if I tried to advise her on anything, I am dismissed, but if my sister dished her the same advice, suddenly she's the genius and she takes the advice. Could just be that I'm the youngest, but it still stings. Maybe in her eyes, I will always be a child who doesn't know squat.

Ahhhh, didn't mean to go THERE. Sorry...Ahem, back to your pictures, ha....Thanks again for sharing them.

-Misty

lovely_lemon_tree replied to tnmist's response:
    I have very much the same issues with my family. There is my brother, who is the shining star (job, steady income, new car, fiancee, getting married next summer), and then there is me (on disability, constantly in and out of the hospital, can't keep it together long enough to finish a master's degree, etc, etc, etc). My brother treats me very much as if I am something to be scorned -- he even said it to me once -- "it's all in your head." I agreed -- it was all in my head and that was exactly the problem.

We used to be close, but ever since he went away to college and found an independent group of friends, we drifted apart and now we haven't seen each other in about three years. I go to Kansas for Christmas with our parents, but he's been claiming that he doesn't have the time to make the trip (he's a teacher, he gets vacation from school every holiday season!). I live in Maine and he lives in Texas, where we grew up, and because of my income I just can't make the trans-continental trip. I personally think he just doesn't care enough to see me.

Our parents are 65. I hate to think of them dying, but we all know that everyone does. I don't know how much longer we're going to have time as a "family." He seems to be throwing it away to callously... but who am I to say anything? If that's the way he wants to be, all I say will fall on deaf ears.

ANYWAY. Thank you again. I may post more pictures.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:

Savannah is a Maine Coon...

... on a dangerous mission, looking for buried treasure...

Peek-a-boo!

bluerose90 replied to tnmist's response:
    I'm with you there Misty. I don't think I could put my picture up here because I'd be worried someone I know would see it... I do use ... part of my real name though... Lol I'm the youngest of the family too so I know EXACTLY what you mean.

I love the second picture of Savannah where she's on her back, LLT. LOL It's so cute when cats do that! Your glamor shot looks awesome! Hehe, whenever I get my picture taken it looks like a prison photo!

Rose
    Where there is shadow, there is light.

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
    Ahhh, family. Well, some good advice I was given by some friends with similar backgrounds is that we may not have been born into supportive families but we can create a supportive "family" network around us, and that helps a lot. Who says family has to be blood/marriage related?

I wish I could post some pet pics. My cat is very photogenic, but I also don't do most social media things like Facebook, and apparently to just post pictures in a discussion here I have to make them a URL. I haven't looked into various sites that offer storage of pics. I'm a little too paranoid to have all that just "out there." But, even if I could post them, I probably wouldn't because that is just as telling as posting my name or mug shot. **shrugs**

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was 11 when I found out what was happening to me was wrong the blue pigs came to my elementary school and told us the difference between a good touc...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
    I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 11 found this helpful