Skip to content
Distraction action for Tuesday - vacation time, anyone?
tnmist posted:
Is it too early to post another distraction action?? I'm going from the list in the last one 'cuz it's a good list.

Okay, so it's springtime (in North America, heheh), and I have a small vacation coming up....so I thought I would pose a vacation question:

If you could go anywhere you wanted to for a vacation, where would you go and what made you choose that destination? Okay, that's the present...And, just out of curiosity, what if you could go back in time, is there a place you would like to visit?

-Misty

bluerose90 responded:
I don't think it's too early. Lol Winter did just start here but I love it so to me it's like Summer.

Hmmm..... If I could go anywhere I wanted I think I would go to Ireland. I've always wanted to go visit there. I have a super mixed ancestry but I'm mostly Irish so I've always wondered if I would be able to find some distant relatives there. Besides I love nature so I would love to find a secluded spot in the woods to just be. (I'm getting seriously tired of sand, sand, and more sand. )

Oohh... the second question is the hardest. LOL I'm kinda a history nut so there are a lot of places that I would want to visit. I'll have to think about that for awhile. In fact I might have to come back to that later. Lol

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
I have too many to list...Just want someplace secluded on a beach but with all the amenities, LOL. (I know you may be sick of beach, Rose.) .....A hammock on a large veranda or something, with no one around to see the circus act of me trying to actually USE a hammock, but the idea sounds lovely. I just miss the smell of the salty sea, the gulls, finding seashells, etc. Sigh. A hammock near the beach, but in the shade, a good book, and a glass of iced tea....ahhh.

Wish I could see Ireland someday, too, though...Australia, and many other places.

-Misy

bluerose90 replied to tnmist's response:
Don't get me wrong I love the beach but I grew up in the midwest in the country. So I'm used to farms, woods, ponds, and animals. Being in the desert with hardly any green it all is getting tedious. I just miss the green. LOL Now that the tourist season is over though the beach is pretty much empty right now so that means I'll be going down there more often. I hate when it's crowded. I actually might head down there in an hour or two and hang out for a little while.

Wow, I love the idea of a hammock too.

Rose

Just realized we both said a secluded spot somewhere.

-Misty

We did didn't we! Lol I still haven't decided where I would go if I could go back in time. It's just too hard! Lol

I did go down to the beach for awhile but I ended up getting caught by a friend to help her run and errand and then I wasn't allowed to go to the beach by myself because apparently there has been a crime wave as of late... I guess that's a good thing but I just wanted to sit down by the beach by myself for awhile. Oh well, maybe I'll be able too tomorrow.

I did get a pretty picture of the sunset! I've been trying to upload it here to use as my pic but it's not letting me for some reason... Hmm... I may have to put it up on photo bucket and then post a link here. I wonder why it's not letting me... Lol

Rose

bluerose90 replied to bluerose90's response:

Okay it wouldn't let me put it in as my picture so I'm just going to do this. LOL

Rose

Hmmm, is the picture in a different format? That's odd. Now I'm curious to know what it is.

-Misty

Oh, I missed this post. Sorry. Being safe is important, but that's too bad you had to postpone some reflection at the beach.

Ya, I'm not sure where I would go in the past either, LOL. Not sure why I posted that question, too, but it seemed interesting at the time. Off the top of my head I would chose the Garden fo Eden because it must have looked so awesome....

-Misty

It could be the format I'm not sure... I took it with my phone so it's possible. I put it up on photobucket so I'll post a link here. Lol

At least this morning I should get some time to myself. I'm going to go down to the beach and it's kinda chilly today (YAY!!!!) so there won't be many people there at all.

Personally, there are a lot of places/times I would like to go, but I think I would like to go back to around the time of King Arthur and see if any of the legends are true. Archeologists have a few different theories and they can't decide what actually happened so I would like to go see for myself. LOL

Rose

bluerose90 replied to bluerose90's response:
I forgot to post the link. Here it is. Lol

http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/RoseBlue90/library/

Oh, that is so funny because that crossed my mind, too. Have you ever read the children's book series called "The Dark is Rising?" Author's last name is Cooper, I think. Those used to be a fav of mine, too. It incorporated King Arthur legend. Pretty cool. They go through time...and the Good wins in the end, of course. Kinda cool books.

-Misty

ohhh, nice! I have some good sunRISE pics from Tybee Island in GA when I vacationed that a few years ago.

-Misty

LOL That is funny! I always loved the stories that go around King Arthur. I know that a great deal of it is just artistic flourish on the part of the writers but it's a great story anyway.

I've never read that series but I'll look it up. LOL Did you ever watch Stargate SG1? (I'm seriously a geek/nerd... haha ) Anyway toward the end of the series, I think it was season 8 or maybe 9, they did their own version of the Arthur legend and made Merlin an alien. LOL Now I want to watch that again.

Rose

No, and I had never even heard of it until a friend a couple of years ago mentioned that he was looking for a deal to own the series....EX-friend. A guy. Met on line, lives about 3 hours away. Had great conversations, but he totally showed his true colors when I started getting FBs. Wow. To tell you the truth, I miss the phone conversations, but he is definitely NOT a safe person, and I will never retrace those steps, no-sireee-bob.

BUT, back to Stargate...they made Merlin an alien? That's a bit much, LOL.

To tell you the truth, I've been working on my relationship with God, and I've been much more careful about what videos I watch or books I read because so many things will twist truths. I'm even much more careful about movies based on whether or not they misuse God's name or devalue sex, etc. It makes for a much narrower list to choose from, but that's something that is growing more important with me personally. I'm not always good about it because I love movies and books, but I'm trying.

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

Caution!! This could be very triggering to read! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . My father sexually abused me from...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.