Skip to content
Stress and tears once again
tnmist posted:
Tonight ended up being longer than anticipated, and I just don't handle very well people springing stuff on me at the last minute. So, tonight I'm finally home, but I have another headache and I'm near tears and hadn't eaten since about 1:30 so I just had a meltdown and caved and ate comfort food. Double sigh. Something got sprung on me for tomorrow, too, but hopefully I will sleep well and be able to handle life better tomorrow.

Doctor appointment went so-so. I was trying to explain to him how I needed a more holistic approach to things, and, oh, I don't know. Maybe HE was having a hard day or was tired, who knows. As usual, most of my problems revolve around my weight issues. I talked to him, too, about re-starting Wellbutrin for my depression, except that it's spring now and I'm hoping the sunshine and yard work will help lift my mood. We decided to wait 1 month and see how I'm feeling then.

I updated him about my official diagnosis of PTSD and how last year I was overwhelmed with FBs and memories about a childhood I didn't even know about. Guess he took it in stride. I'm just a bit disappointed with him. I don't know how to explain it. I didn't really get through the list of items I wanted to discuss with him, and he didn't seem willing to let me tackle my list, so that in itself was stressing me. Overall he seems nice enough, it's just that something isn't clicking and I don't know how to explain it. I was sooo hoping I would get a better vibe this go round, 'ya know?

Guess I'll go to bed soon and have a good cry. I need a time out from life, and my vacation is looking busier and busier!!

Thanks for listening, whoever is out there.

-Misty

az330 responded:
Im sorry I hope things get better....Tomorrow is a new day. I have been dealing with a consussion and know about headaches and stuff. I have been having bad anxiety attacks. I ended up collapsing and hit my head pretty hard. Hope the fuzzy feeling goes away soon. Still feeling a bit dizzy. I hoep your day tommorow is better.

Talk soon.

slik_kitty responded:
hugs to both of you.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to slik_kitty's response:
Sitting with you all... listening.

Don't really have words right now, but I do want you to know that I'm listening and reading. You're all cared about. ((group hug if okay))
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

bluerose90 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
  • joins the group and offers hot tea, cold packs for headaches, fuzzy blankets, and coloring books*

Misty and AZ, I'm sorry that you're dealing with all these things. I wish there was more I could say or do for you both. Just know that I'm here and listening. You're not alone. (((germ-free hugs if okay)))

Rose
    Where there is shadow, there is light.
  •  
    tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
    Thanks, everyone. AZ - A concussion? Have you been to a doctor? Sure hope you are doing better today. Wow. That's awful. Please stay safe. ((hugs))

Thanks Kitty, LLT and Rose. I'm doing better today. I don't have a headache yet today, so hoping that's over. I've stomped my foot and pouted long enough. I'm trying to "put on my big girl pants" and make better choices today and tackle the lies in my head with truths.

Oh, those ingrained lies!!! My, oh, my, are they hard to get rid of or what!? You know???

Rose, hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Thanks for the germ-free hugs and sitting with me and listening.

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

I read my story and was shocked how much poured out of me. Too much detail - I will give you all a more appropriate summary later. Please any of you w...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
    I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.