Skip to content
Good Things
lovely_lemon_tree posted:
Sometimes, when things start to get dark and suffocating and we don't think we can go on, it's important to remember the good things in our lives.

What are the good things in your life?

Some of the good things in mine are:

The love from my family and friends
You guys here!
My Savannah
The lovely still-cold nights
The cool days
Chocolate
My mental health team
The couple of pounds I have lost...

Next?
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

bluerose90 responded:
Very true LLT.

Umm...
Being able to vent and probably rave and have people here who understand.
My wascally wabbit and his ornery ways. *Looks at Foxy with a raised eyebrow, "Yes, you."*
Cooler weather coming my way.
My crafts that keep me sane... Okay, well mostly sane anyway.
Hot cocoa.

Anyone else?

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
Good lists, LLT and Rose. Thanks for the inspiration. It's okay to vent when we need to, but I do try not to go into a ditch for too long. I'm pulling myself back to together today and want to get back on track after a frustrating couple of days.

My "vacation" is still looking busier and busier, and it's hard to guard it to get the respite I need. Sigh. An older lady borrowing my storage room is gearing up and getting her various storage places cleared out (including mine) for a church yard sale coming up and to do an "estate" sale" as she has had to downsize into a much smaller place, but she is an early bird, and I am NOT, and I so wanted to relax a bit on my days off in the mornings, but now she is talking about needing to come over on Wednesday or Thursday. I think I will put my foot down and state that I will be home working on things but she simply cannot show up until 11 a.m. I'm working on setting healthy boundaries when needed to keep my sanity, and this will just have to one of them.

So, here's to healthy boundary setting!

Not really making a list here, but my pets are right up there with Foxy.

And....having hope. I have to fight against encroaching hopelessness at times, and God whispers His reminders to me to calm me down.

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

If you have any questions just ask....The story continues.

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.