Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How im feeling
az330 posted:
just checking in....dont really have a whole lot of positive things to say...working thru health problems. I hope to be back soon. Thinking of you all. I hate whats happend to this community. I miss everyone and maybe deep down feel abandoned. WebMD took the moderators away and pronounced death to all of these communities. I try to come here as much as I can. but it is hard sometimes. I feel bad for lurking sometimes because I should be posting words of encouragement. Everyone has left us. We are it....I guess I get scared if I don't post this sight will go away. WebMD has done more damage than good. Didn't realize it until now....I guess the numbness of everything is wearing off....

AZ
FirstPrevious12NextLast

tnmist responded:
(((AZ!))) Glad to hear from you - good or bad, up or down. Do you have much more chemo to do?

It does hurt that there isn't much of a community here anymore. Was it ONLY because of the moderator being taken away? I wonder. I'm grateful to everyone who has been here because I have had wonderful support. I hope it will revive and more of us will be able to post sooner than later.

I'm in a weight-loss community with no moderator, and it's very lively. In fact, it's hard to keep up with all the conversations, and we talk about most everything, not just health. I wish this one was more like that, but it isn't fair to compare them because the other one is a bit "lighter" in spirit, shall I say?

This community deals with deep, deep painful stuff, and it's hard to find people in real life that "get it," and can be supportive. We need this community so badly.

Roll calls and "distraction action" don't seem to matter much either. It's very discouraging. I'm not ready to jump ship. I'm here and I check in usually more than once a day.

It is what it is. We have no moderator, but that doesn't mean we can't support one another.

I wish there was a way to post an email address or something temporarily so I can stay connected with some of you....If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. You, LLT, and Rose are about the only other regulars here now. I would love to stay connected with you both.

I wouldn't worry too much, AZ, about this going away altogether anytime soon. I check another community now and then, and posts there can be weeks apart and it's still around.

-Misty

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
This board has its ups and downs, there are a few die hard posters who linger to light lanterns for those who stumble through here. Loosing Caprice though was like a kidnapping. They could have avoided all the pain and suffering they caused if they would allowed us and her, the simple curtsy of saying goodbye and bring closure to the mod/poster relationship.

I hang around to post when my gut says "respond to that person, they need to hear your words"

I can't respond to every post, for a bunch of reasons. (That was not always the case in the past heehee) but I come here everyday multiple times looking and reading for those posts that ping my gut.

We could start discussions and do in depth talking on aspects of SA and its after effects. But again My time is limited. Maybe in Sept when my little one is in first grade I can post more like I used to.

Caprice can never be replaced, she is and will always be the sweet mother that loved us unconditionally and listened to us. She is the mother we all should have had.

and that makes it all the much harder to deal with her loss.

Have I ever told you all what she told the self harm community? She told us, that is she ever left webMD she would and I quote "after some time, come back" and check in.

I hold faith that someday, our friend will stop in and ease the pain caused by webmd.

In the mean time if you need to hear my voice, call me by name and I will post to you. (that goes for all of you too). My ears are always listening.

Peace be the journey

Paja
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

bluerose90 responded:
It's good to hear from you, AZ. I know you have a lot going on with your health and everything else and I really hope that you can start feeling better soon. The last few months have been especially hard for you... (((gentle hugs if okay))) I was wondering about how much more of your chemo you have left too.

I think this board was hit harder than some when WebMD took away the moderators. I miss Caprice too... DDT is right that she was like the board "mom" to us all and loosing her is very difficult... I'm really glad that there are still a few here who are posting and I can't really express how much I appreciate the help that I've gotten from this community as a whole.

I try to check in at least once a day and honestly I usually am here a lot more than it checking in to see what's going on. Like everyone there are days where I just can't check in but I'm always willing to listen and try to offer comfort... Even though I stumble about it most of the time.

It's good to hear from you too, DDT. I know that you have a lot on your plate too with your kids but I know I'm not the only one that appreciates the posts that you can make.

I'm not ready to give up on this community yet either. I know it seems dim in here sometimes and there isn't always a lot going on, but please don't give up on this place either AZ.

I was thinking about joining the weight-loss community too, Misty, but I just haven't made my way there yet. I'm glad to hear that it's "hopping" though.

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

tnmist replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Thanks, DDT. I appreciate your posts so much. I may be mistaken, but right now you seem to have had the most recovery and/or experience with this stuff. Your post made me cry. I just miss you. I understand you have your hands full, and understand you will drop in and wave hello or post when you can.

Yes, "kidnapping" is an excellent description. Yet another loss in our lives when we have lost so much already. One would think after all this time it would be easier, but it isn't easier at all. She was like puzzle glue, and now I feel like this community has fallen to pieces.

Peace to you as well.

-Misty

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
Hi, Rose. I, too, check more often than I post. Half-lurker, I guess, LOL.

FYI - want to amend my above post. What I meant to say was that there are 3 regulars or semie-regulars - Rose, LLT, and AZ - and I'm afraid of losing you, which was why I suggested email or something. LLT, I feel closer to you now because I've seen your picture now. And Rose, you and I have had some good conversations here and support each other. AZ, you are too precious to have drop out of communication, so I hope you don't give up on this community.

Some days I'm really struggling and I'm not able to reply to something, but then I feel guilty if I don't because so few are replying as it is. I don't care for that burden, but I don't know what to do about it. As far as I'm able, I will reply to posts because I know how much I appreciate responses to what I post.

-Misty

soulkeepers responded:
AZ,

HUGS

DON'T HAVE MANY WORDS AT THE MOMENT
Crying Is Like Taking Your Soul To The Laundry Mat!!!!!!!

bluerose90 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
DDT... I read your post about your healing journey... it made me cry as well... Then all I wanted to do was be able to give you a hug... You've been through so much. I wish that I had words to say but I'm kind of at a loss at the moment. I'm just so glad that you're away from all of that now and that you're doing so much better. (((gentle hugs if okay)))

Rose

bluerose90 replied to tnmist's response:
Misty,

Hmm... yeah I guess that I'm half-lurker too. LOL I am pretty sure that WebMD won't let you post an email address on here... but I can't remember I would have to look at the rules. I agree with you that we've had some really good conversations and I've really appreciated your support and that you're on the board often too. I think I would really enjoy being able to communicate with you all outside of this board as well. I'm just wondering how we could arrange it and unfortunately my brain is only partly awake at the moment so my thinking skills are minimal. Since I can't sleep I was working on a baby sweater but since I'm so tired I kept messing it up so I figured it would be best if I just put it down for the night. I really hope that you're doing okay with the storms you mentioned that were going to be coming through your way... (((hugs)))

Rose

If I was rambling or jumping around sorry. LOL I think I might be sleep typing.

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
Soul and Slik-Kitty, nice to see you pop up, too! (Saw Slik under Mary's post but wanted to include you here.) In a prior post above, that should be semi-regulars (not semie-regulars), oopsy.

Rose, "sleep typing," that's funny. Never heard that one, but I've actually opened my eyes and found a row of K's or something across a page, so I know the feeling. Still with the sleep issues, eh? Ya, I'm not "cured" yet either. I just bought a combo pill on line that has 5-HTP and melatonin together, and I'm going to try that...I've had caffeine again this week, so I'm waiting for it to clear my system (again). I try so hard to go without the caffeine, and then I cave. Sigh.

Well, I have to run. I have an early start to my day today.

-Misty

slik_kitty replied to bluerose90's response:
we can post our email addresses here, just not phone numbers.

i'm here every morning, reading posts and posting when i feel the need to, much like dd. i've been here many years and it's disheartening to see the life go out of this board, but i hang around, cuz people still need help. i like seeing that you guys are still sticking around and helping each other. that's what the board is for. maybe someday we can bring the fun back.

bluerose90 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Hey SK, it's good to hear from you!
It really does stink that the board has gotten so quiet and slow as of late but I'm glad for everyone that has stuck around.

Thanks for letting us know about the emails, SK. I read your post right before I was going to go look at the rules to see if we could post email addresses so it was great timing too! LOL I'm a little hesitant to put up my regular email account ... call me paranoid... but I was thinking of putting up a temporary one and then we could contact one another to exchange our regular addresses. What do you all think?

Rose

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to bluerose90's response:
Rose definitely use a toss away email to make contact. the web crawlers will pick up emails off of here and then junk mail will flood your inbox.

And more importantly if your email is posted here and someone googles it it will link you to this board.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

bluerose90 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
That's what I was thinking DDT. I went ahead and made a throw away account. If any of you would like to contact me you can use this: bluerose90@outlook.com

Rose

slik_kitty replied to bluerose90's response:
sent you an email

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and still recovering from a near-fatal automobile accident. I really have many stories so I guess I will start at the beginning...we...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.