Skip to content
Nightmares
bluerose90 posted:

POSSIBLE TRIGGER*****************************************************************************************************************

This is just kind of a random post I guess. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with SA but I don't want to trigger anyone so I did that just in case.

I don't know why but for the last week or so I've had nightmare after nightmare every single night. They usually wake me up and then when I fall asleep again there is a new one. I have no idea why. I wouldn't worry too much about it normally but the nightmares seem to keep getting worse every night... I've gotten to the point where I purposefully try to keep myself awake as long as I can to avoid them. Like I said above though, they aren't overtly about my SA issues... I'm just not sure why I'm having them like this or what I can do to help stop them.

Just venting I guess.

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
try scents. like put vic vapor rub on your neck, or a dash of perfume on the blankets, burn a little sweet grass and air the room with the smoke. A bowel of fresh cut heavely scented flowers, dust your pillow with a perfumed powder and put back in pillow case.

Change up the linens, all fresh bedding and try a different order of the blankets (ex if you use a sheet take it off so you are next to the blanket instead, and visa-versa if you don't use a sheet add one.

New jammies if you sleep in them.

indulge yourself with a new stuffed animal to sleep with.

Change the direction of your bed.

Also try a dose of aspirin or Tylenol before bed in case you are having pain and the is your brain interpreting your pain and it come through as nightmares.

All this enabled your brain to get out of its rut.

Changes things up just enough that you might get a reprieve from the bad dreams.

Could be pms related too...your fluctuating hormones can trigger nightmares.

I hope you will find peace in the dreamtime soon.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

bluerose90 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Thanks DDT. I'll try to do some of those tonight and then tomorrow I'll change out my sheets and try to find some kind of scent I can put on my pillow. I did start burning a candle for tonight and I got out my monkey to sleep with. I haven't been sleeping with him for awhile. I took a pain killer too just in case. I'm just so tired I need to sleep. LOL

I guess it could be my hormones... aunt flow is due soon but I've never had hormone changes give me nightmares before. At least not that I know of. Again, thank you so much for your suggestions.

Rose

lovely_lemon_tree replied to bluerose90's response:
How did it go, Rose?
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

bluerose90 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Hey LLT,

It's good to hear from you. How have you been??

Last night was a little better. The nightmare wasn't as bad. Unless I just can't remember the rest of them, which is possible, I only had one and it wasn't as freaky. I did manage to sleep awhile longer than I usually do so I call that a win.

Foxy is being extra ornery today for some reason. He's jumping all over me. LOL Sorry, random thought. I don't know what's gotten into him lately.

Rose

(sigh) LLT's been having a hard time.

!!!!!!! TRIGGERY BELOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been pretty obvious to me that the depression signs are back, even though I haven't been feeling "depressed" per se -- I have been neglecting house cleaning, I haven't been eating (I get one meal a day, if I'm lucky), changes in personal hygiene, I've been isolating, and it's pretty clear that I need to start growing a thicker skin -- because it seems like I'm being attacked by everything! Two twelve year-olds in the parking lot at Wal-Mart gave me the evil eye and I about went into hysterics. I feel like the entire world has turned against me and I can't even hide out in my apartment (alone, possibly safe) because they'll call me on the phone or knock at the door or come in through the windows or fall from the sky!

Friday night I just had a total meltdown and cut. I hadn't cut since February.

And I came to an awful realization... the little cuts just don't do it for me anymore. Over the years, I've progressed to larger, deeper, more serious cuts needing stitches and staples. It got to the point where the people at the ER knew me by name. My record for one cutting job was 38 stitches. Last time I did a heck of a job on myself, I hit an artery.

Well, since all that, I have moved to a new city and county. Crisis intervention services are different here... and I have been assured that if I do the same thing here I will be hospitalized. Because I don't want to go down that road, I have tried to "make do" with little cuts. But I realized on Friday night that to get that same kind of relief and numbness, I have to inflict those deep, severe wounds. The little ones aren't sufficient.

I am in real trouble now.

slik_kitty replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
one of two things can happen here. the threat of hospitalization can either make you stop si, which helps you, or if you do cut really badly and then are forced into the hospital, that helps you as well. so either way, this is a good thing. i know you don't want to be hospitalized, but when things are out of control, that is often the best option for getting help. hugs

I'm so sorry LLT... (((gentle hugs if okay)))

I agree with SK. I know hard and scary this has to be for you but I'm worried about your safety. Maybe being hospitalized is the best thing for you right now...

I know what it's like to move to another country and be in unfamiliar territory while having to deal with all this too. I moved out of the country about 6 months ago myself so I know what you're dealing with.

Please be careful and take care of yourself, LLT. If you need to talk I'll be checking in here often and you can email me at bluerose90@outlook.com and I'll send you my regular address from there. (((hugs)))

Rose

I will email later from my "fake" email account later... on the phone with a friend right now...

Hey LLT,

I hope that you where able to talk with your friend for awhile and that it helped. (((hugs if okay))) Please take care of yourself and keep safe.

Rose

tnmist replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
LLT, hope you are doing better. Depression has me in it's grip, too, and I'm caving in and calling my doctor to start the ball rolling to get back on Wellbutrin. It will take a while because I have to use mail order through my insurance. I hope you are taking the steps you need to in order to stay safe.

Rose, I'm sorry to hear about the nightmares. DDT gave a lot of good suggestions there. Hope something helps.

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was SA by a friend of my father's when I was 8. He watched us for a little while one day when my father went to get parts to fix a car. The craz...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.