Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
how do i join this community?
ToniLB posted:
am a sexual abuse survivor that has recently started therapy again, and am in need of some groups to go to for support. what do i do to join here, just begin posting?

soulkeepers responded:
WELCOME AND GOODLUCK
Crying Is Like Taking Your Soul To The Laundry Mat!!!!!!!

slik_kitty responded:
welcome to the board. all you have to do to join is start posting. we are all caring individuals fighting the same battles, getting together here to get help and give help. feel free to tell your story. if you don't want to, then that's ok too. just put trigger in the subject line if what you are posting might be triggering material. that helps others protect themselves.

bluerose90 responded:
Hi Toni,

Welcome to the board and I'm glad you found us! I am sorry for you're need to be here though. Like SK said just jump on in and start posting to join us. Post about anything you want to talk about. This is a good bunch of people and we'll try to help you as much as we can.

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
Welcome to the board ToniLB, glad you found us!

Peace be the journey

Paja
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
  • waving* Hi!
    We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi
  •  
    tnmist responded:
    Hi, Toni. This group has helped me a lot this past year, and I hope you find comfort and encouragement here as well. I have learned the hard way that this sort of trauma most people just don't "get"or don't want to understand or they expect you to be "over" it in short order, and life just doesn't work that way.

I've "only" been dealing with this for a little over a year now, and I still find it surreal. This stuff hurts us to our cores, and it can be a long and winding path down that survival road. I really do have to keep telling myself "one day at a time." Sometimes one hour at a time or one moment...I'm glad you are in therapy. I personally don't think I could have come this far without it. This is a wonderful group here. Welcome.

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

From the time I was 5 til I moved away at 12 I was sexually abused by my friends older brother. I have never told anyone about it except my best frien...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
    I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.