Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Why is the journey towards healing worht it?
tnmist posted:
I've been hearing a theme lately, it seems, and I would like to start a discussion on reasons why we should keep working on healing and moving forward rather than giving up and slipping into a fog or "insanity," even.

I just posted this in another discussion: Here is one reason why I believe it is worth fighting for healing and sanity: I've come to realize that the whole abuse situation robbed me of my voice, my right to be heard and believed and I could never make my own decisions. It was like I was a robot. I don't want to give up my right to make my own decisions! Learning to set boundaries, saying, "No," without guilt or retribution - this is all awesome to me...That's just off the top of my head.

I would love to here from everyone else. I don't want anyone to give up! I know some days and weeks and even months we feel like it, but please don't.

Here is a promise from God that has helped me, and I hope you find comfort with these words, too:

"I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he will strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord." Taken from Psalms 27. I like the whole chapter, actually.

-Misty

tnmist responded:
Er, hear - not "here." I would love to HEAR from everyone else...oopsy.

tnmist replied to tnmist's response:
Er, WORTH it...Why is healing WORTH it. I would like to retract this and try again! Sigh. I blame it on my illness, ha. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

-Misty

slik_kitty responded:
the healing journey is worth it because the end result is beautiful. we don't have to live our lives beaten down and miserable. we can work our way to happiness. it is there, and it will come, we just have to be patient with ourselves along the journey.

tnmist replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thank you, Slik. I needed those words of encouragement. It's one thing to be encouraged by my T, but words of encouragment from those going through the same things or have even experienced some of the healing already, well, it just means more to me.

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

Only three people in my life know my story and they don't even know a fraction of it truth be known. For the moment that's the way it has to b...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful