Skip to content
Distraction Action
tnmist posted:
Mother's Day is coming up, and I recognize this may be a time with mixed feelings, but maybe we can have some fun with it.

1) If you are a mother, what is your favorite memory of Mother's Day? When a child was born? A favorite home-made card, perhaps?

2) If you need to parent yourself (like me), how will you treat yourself to Mother's Day? This is a novel idea to me, and I will give it some thought!

3) If you are dealing with family, let us know how you will take care of yourself. Family times can be so triggery. Perhaps your ideas will help others.

If I could, I would send everyone a spring bouquet of flowers because we are all mother's to our inner children!

lovely_lemon_tree responded:
I am not a mother to a human child, but I do have my Savannah!
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

bluerose90 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Ditto for me LLT but I've got a Foxy! LOL ... Who currently has a purple/pink mohawk going on.

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
I only have 4-legged kids, too...So, to answer #1, one of my favorite "mom" moments was the first time I met my dog. I sat on the floor in the living-room of the family who rescued him with my back against the couch. Well, He came over, jumped on the couch, and started sniffing my hair and sniffing my face, and I just melted. He is my problem child, but I still love him.

#2: I think I am going to get a few flowers to enjoy, nothing expensive or big, just something cheery to say, "Hey, I matter."

#3: I have no comment on this one.

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was abused once as a child by an older man that was a hunting buddy of my father's. Worst night of my life and I still have not dealt with it. A...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.