Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Meltdowns
tnmist posted:
Been crying my eyes out today. Just too many financial hassles. I'm such a dope when it comes to money. Will I ever learn? I'm in such a jam. Just makes me want to disappear. I'm beat, whipped...I've had it. I GIVE already!!!

People keep telling me how wonderful it is that I have my own home, and I do relish the privacy, I do, but sometimes it's just so overwhelming, too.

-Misty

bluerose90 responded:
((((((Misty)))))) I'm sorry, Misty. Finances are always difficult and so stressful too... I wish there was something I could do to help. I know how overwhelming it can be. Please take care and try not to worry too much. I know... far easier said than done. (((hugs)))

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

tnmist replied to bluerose90's response:
Just having a meltdown...Somehow it will work out.

-Misty

lovely_lemon_tree replied to tnmist's response:
Just a thought...

I have had such trouble with finances that I finally sought out and got a representative payee (meaning that my money goes to an agency) and they take care of my bills for me! Every month, I'm allocated an amount to spend on little things (though this month, I'm going to have to get the oil changed in my car, so it will be a bit less than what I'm used to) and they save what is left over. It's a great, hassle-free way to make sure that my bills get paid and my overdue bills are also getting paid. Those accounts that have gone to collections are also getting paid, though slowly. But they are getting paid and that's the important part!

I don't know if this is something that would ever be an option for you, but it has eliminated a great deal of stress in my life and therefore a lot of self-harm as well.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

bluerose90 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
I've heard of those agency's before LLT and they've been a big help to a lot of people. I can't say I know much about the ins and outs about it though. It's a good thought!

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

tnmist replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Interesting idea. I've never heard of them. Right now I have more out-go than in-come, so I have to figure things out on my own for now.

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was sexually abused by my older brother and my older cousin from age 8-18. I repressed these memories for many years. When I was in my mid 30's ...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.