Skip to content
somthing positive
az330 posted:
Good morning
Ive been lurking for quite sometime. Ive going thru alot emotionally but physically i am in better shape. I had my last treatment a little over a month ago. As of right now i am cancer free...

tnmist responded:
Woo-hoo!! Good to see your post!! Can I start a party post now?? I warn you, if it's anything like the boat rides, attendance may be few, but I know there are lurkers out there rejoicing with us. Maybe a party will lift your spirits??!

Embrace the fact that your chemo is done, AZ!!! That is such a relief for you, I'm sure. List all the negative side effects you were having from the chemo, and if you put "no more" in front of them you just got yourself a gratitude list.

((big, gentle hugs))
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

az330 replied to tnmist's response:
Yes you can misty

marysings replied to az330's response:
I'm going first because tomorrow morning we leave for a business trip and won't be home until Thursday evening.

I'll bring a three-layer cheesecake ... yum, yum, yum.

All the best to you AZ!

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to marysings's response:
Wonderful news, AZ!! I'm so grateful for you!

Savannah and I will bring the streamers and confetti and ice cream! We like strawberry, but what do the others like?
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

tnmist replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Great to see everyone!! I'll bring some noisemakers (not too loud, ha), party hats. How about punch or something? Strawberry ice cream sounds good, thanks LLT...How about music? Some games or something?

Soooo good to see folks!
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

tnmist replied to tnmist's response:
Ohh, and cheesecake!! Yum, thanks!!

Misty

soulkeepers responded:
AZ330,

I'm thrill that you are done with chemo and you're cancer free.Sorry I won't be attending the get together here but have fun anyways.

Quis
MAKE EVERY YESTERDAY A DREAM OF HOPE AND TOMORROW A DREAM OF HAPPINESS!!!!!!!

bluerose90 responded:
  • Does the majorly happy and silly dance!!! *

I'm really, really, really glad for you AZ! (((gentle hugs))) All those nasty side effects are a thing of the past now.

Okay, what am I gonna bring to da celebration.... Hmmmmm Let's see... How about some sherbet ice cream??? I can bring another fruit salad and we can make some smoothies! Just make sure to keep banana's out of Foxy's sight... LOL He is a little banana monster now! I could make some tuna salad sandwiches for us to munch on too!

Ohhhh, would anyone mind if I brought silly string??? I haven't used that stuff in ages. My silly side is also really liking the idea of getting helium balloons. LOL I used to love to get one to suck in the helium and talk like Minnie Mouse.

Rose
    Where there is shadow, there is light.
  •  
    slik_kitty responded:
    yay! so happy for you! woo hoo!

tnmist responded:
    Hope you are feeling the love from all of us, AZ. We all care and are happy for you that your health is improving. That was a long road and a scary one for you.

I don't know about anyone else, but it helps me to have these board parties and boat trips and things...I feel more connected to those who understand.

Misty

Thank you all! I appreciate and do feel the love. Its been a long road to this point. What shall I bring to this party???

tnmist replied to az330's response:
    Just being here is gift enough! Thanks for keeping us updated. This board deals with some heavy stuff, so anytime we can celebrate something, that's a good thing.

Misty

It really means alot....i am grateful for not having those nasty side affects anymore. Thank you all again!

tnmist replied to az330's response:
    I humbly speak for everyone, I think, when I reply, "You are most welcome."

Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

If you have any questions just ask....The story continues.

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
    I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.