Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I need help - trigger
marysings posted:
We have returned from our trip and I am really down. The trip itself was very nice and I learned a lot about making jewelry. But it was also tiring since it was a day and a half of driving going and then coming home. And while we were there, we walked more than 3 miles a day.

Last night I dreamed a very real scenario of my overdose, death, and funeral. I don't want to die. I want to live if no other reason than my family.

I'm not sure I can stay living. The urge to overdose is so strong.

Please, I need some help. I also have a call in for Dr.B.

Mary *tears*
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

tnmist responded:
Mary, please call a hotline or call 911 or just show up at an ER. Please take care of yourself! ((gentle hugs))
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

marysings replied to tnmist's response:
Thank you, Misty. Dr.B called me back and we talked for a little while. He said he could tell I was very tired. He told me to eat, take my night meds and go to bed.

I'm just about ready to get into bed.

He also told me to remember my granddaughter and grandson who adore me, Albert, my sons and DILs, and the other two grandchildren who love me. He reminded me there are a lot of people who love me and care about me. In other words, he told me to use my WiseMind. That is a DBT skill that I struggle to remember to use.

I was pretty weepy while I talked/listened to Dr.B.

I'm better now. Thank you for being around this evening.

Hugs,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

tnmist replied to marysings's response:
So, glad he was able to call you! You are blessed to have a therapist so accessible, let me tell 'ya.

Hope you get some good rest tonight, Mary. Take care of you.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 25 yr old male who is a csa survivor. My abuse wasn't violent like many others here, but it has letf it's mark on me nonetheless. After...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.