Skip to content
No title
az330 posted:
Saw my T today. Im my own worst enemy. I cant get out of my own head. My T says im a survivor but this sure doesnt feel like surviving. Feel like im drowning and everytime i come up for air i get swept away. Feeling frustrated and alone. Time to try and retreat. Im waving the white flag surrendering. Send a team in to pick whats left of me....not well and wont be .

slik_kitty responded:
hugs az. you're not alone. this is very common. it's hard to put everything in perspective to get to the point where it doesn't hurt us any more. it takes time. you are a survivor. you have made it this far and you will make it farther. hugs

tnmist responded:
((AZ)) When we clean house and get rid of things, sometimes it's a whole lot messier before it's better. Retreating for a little while is fine, at least that is what keeps me sane. But dealing with our pasts in a safe way (usually with a therapist) is how we can truly heal and be rid of this garbage. I have to remind myself of these things every day, AZ. It's a bit of a long road, but, as others have said, you are already a survivor. Give yourself some credit. Peace to you.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

From the time I was 5 til I moved away at 12 I was sexually abused by my friends older brother. I have never told anyone about it except my best frien...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.