Skip to content
Hello
mom3gma3 posted:
Hi, I just found this group and I wanted to say hello. I probably won't post a lot as I am trying to not dwell on the past, but I am glad to offer anything I have learned along the way that helped me get through life. Once in a while however, I hope to ask for help when a thought or memory gets to be too intrusive in my life at present. God bless all of you here. Unlike survivors of things such as cancer or other physiological disorders, we have no "battle scars" to show or milestones to pass that we can be openly jubilant about overcoming. That can make healing very difficult and understanding impossible. I am a believer that it is futile to try and make sense of or understand why abuse occurs. I think that focusing on not letting anyone or any situation control your life any more than has already been done is crucial to living well. Like Eleanor Roosevelt said..."No one can make you feel inferior without your consent". I am here to help if anyone would like to talk.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
welcome to the board! Glad you found us.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

bluerose90 responded:
Hello. I just wanted to add my welcome to DDT's. Welcome to the board and I look forward to seeing your posts.

Rose
Where there is shadow, there is light.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My 6 yr. old daughter was sexually abused by her father on a week-end visitation, shortly after we separated and I filed for divorce. After she told m...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.