Skip to content
Please
mandybutterflykiss posted:
Recently heated conversations have been cross posted. There are and will be time's when differences of opinions, hurt feelings, misunderstandings, just being human will cause tensions...

Whatever the reason for the heat... for "debates" that are becoming too hot to handle, can these be moved off from the boards into more private arena's for discussion?

Is it possible to use our skills of communication... i.e. "I feel statement's" and if something is not understood or clear to us, can we not ask then, politely, for whomever posted for clarity so as to see if what we heard, read, etc is what the person posting actually meant?

We all understand, hear, read things differently and that is okay... no one should be ridiculed for spelling, grammar, or their method of speech. Name calling, mud slinging, etc... can these things not be stopped?

We are all Peers, here to support and help each other, not rip each other to shreds... Haven't we all suffered enough in our lives of this very same?

Please, can we all not try to get along? These boards are simply people coming together over common interests in search of support. We do not have to know each other personally, be friends, be anything... but should we not at least be supportive of each other, polite, and respectful?

Please....

*How many times can a broken heart be mended until it is beyond repair?*

tnmist responded:
Well stated, Mandy. Thank you so much for caring and writing this.

Please, I just need to say that when I responded to Mary's post on this board I had no idea whom she was talking about or what was going on. I just responded to her pain that she described. I in NO WAY meant to belittle anyone else's "side" or read more into it than simply what she posted. I had no idea whom any of the other parties were UNTIL they started posting over here, too.

We all come here because we are already hurting, so fighting amongst ourselves is the PITS, the absolute pits. This board is supposed to be a safe place to come.

Also, while I'm on the subject, I'm tired of being afraid to post anything for fear of it being tossed to the curb and not believed. I really didn't expect that from this board. I came here for camaraderie, respect, TO BE BELIEVED, empathy, and to try to also care for others hurting. Not being believed is a very strong trigger for me. Does anyone GET that???

If I tell you I care, hello? I care. I hate that anyone here is upset, hurt, mistreated, or anything. I hate that we can't all just get along. Haven't we had enough pain in our lives without inflicting more to each other here??

For my own sanity, because I'm dealing with some heavy stuff right now anyway and can't handle all this extra drama, I'm taking a break from here.

I want to be available for anyone hurting, but, I'm sorry, I'm outta here for now.

Just to clarify to everyone: I assumed it was an unwritten law to be careful to never even acknowledge that someone else is even on a different board. Sort of like AA meetings - Do you know what I mean? If I see familiar faces/names on any other board, I don't broadcast that connection because that is solely up to them to disclose their business. (This is not aimed at any one person here. I'm simply stating how I comprehended how these boards work.)

If any of the parties involved have anything more to say to each other, I ask that you do as Mandy suggested and take it someplace else, or at the very least take it back to the original board. For over a year I have always felt safe here. That is shattered, and quite frankly I have NEEDED this board. Now I feel more lost than ever.

Bye for now.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

marysings replied to tnmist's response:
I apologize for bringing that mess to this community. I won't be writing to them anymore and I certainly won't bring it here.

I came here because I was hurting and I didn't know where to turn. I couldn't reach Dr.B and I didn't dare share this with Albert. He can't understand why I am here on WebMD anyway. Years ago I gave up trying to explain it to him.

Thank you to those who offered me comfort. I think I'll bring my pink blanket and rock in the over-size rocker for a while. I may even pull the boat out and sail for a while.

Thank you for letting me stay.
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

mandybutterflykiss replied to tnmist's response:
(((((Misty)))))

I believe you. I am both sorry and sad that you need a break but please go safely and know I am here...

mandybutterflykiss replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
I would like to reiterate my PLEASE.........

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

tnmist replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
Thank you, Mandy. Your words are a balm to my soul. (((Mandy)))
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

Just thought that my revealing this discussion would open my story of sexual abuse, and bring my insecure self to light. This part of my life was alwa...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.