Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Great Book
mandybutterflykiss posted:
Hi All.

I came across the following book at my local library and thought it may be of interest.

Stolen Voices... By Steven and Abby Levenkron.

"Understanding and Treating Women's Childhood Sexual Abuse. The Sexually Abused Child As An Adult."

In Harmony,
Bonnie

marysings responded:
I'm going to find this book. Thank you, Mandy.
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

tnmist responded:
Thank you for the tip. I think it's called "Stolen Tomorrows," but I found it by the author's name either way. I'm going to see if my library has it, if not, I will look for a bargain.

Sure does suit me to a T right now because along with allowing myself to believe my memories comes the realization that the vile man called my "father" stole so very much from me. It boggles my mind and has me nearly overwhelmed. But you know what? Now that I'm daring to believe my memories, I think I can also start working on the anger that I carry around, too.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

mandybutterflykiss replied to marysings's response:
You are welcome Mary.

mandybutterflykiss replied to tnmist's response:
(((((Misty)))))

Sending you butterfly hugs.

I'm getting my yearly bout of bronchitis/pneumonia so I may not be as chatty online but I will be checking in, if only from the shadows.

Gra'

tnmist replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
Thank you. Hope you feel better soon!! Take care of yourself.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

mandybutterflykiss replied to tnmist's response:
Misty,

You are correct about the title of the book. Thank you for your well wishes...

Gra'
Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

When I was 4 or 5 my family lived in Turkey. My father was in the Air Force and stationed there. I remember a neighbor boy. He was about 12. He would ...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.