Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My fantasy - my hope
tnmist posted:
Person #1: I didn't realize/I forgot/I see now that...I shouldn't have mentioned someone from another board, and I am very sorry I did that. I will be more careful in the future. Is there anything else I can do to help make things right? (Maybe get that post deleted, if it hasn't been already?)

Person #2: You know, I felt very strongly about that, but I apologize, too. I apologize for pointing out the error so harshly and for the "mud-slinging."

Person #1: Thank you. You know, I did some "mud-slinging," too, and even though I was upset, I shouldn't have responded the same way, and I apologize for that, too.

Person #2: I can respect that response. I don't think we will be friends again any time soon, but I will try harder to respond more respectfully on the board when something upsets me. I grew up having to "come up swinging" so many times just to survive that it's second nature to me now. I will try to be more aware of that.

Person #1: We both had terrible childhoods, didn't we? No one acknowledged my pain and terror when I was growing up, and now I feel like no matter what I do I'm wrong and a terrible person and if I don't point out my pain I will still be invisible to everyone.

Person #2: Oh, that makes sense. It still bugs me about you, but it makes sense. I appreciate your sharing.

Person #1: I'm not sure I can help person #3 feel any better, but I do apologize for not thinking and posting about her on another board. I should have voiced my concerns on this board.

Person #2: That is really hurting her, too. I hope she will see this and know that you realize the error and will be more careful and that she will feel safe enough to come back.

Person #1: Me, too.

The end...I realize that doesn't address everything, but that's what I wanted to share.

I also realize I may get blasted for this...I hope not. I hope it is read knowing that I only posted this in the hopes of helping...
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

mandybutterflykiss responded:
Misty,

I love this as it shows how conflict can become resolved. I know when I'm riding the emotional storm that sometime's I need help to come down. Thank you for this...

Gra'

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.